Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2018 7:17:39 PM EDT
Daines Vote in Jeopardy?
Republican Sen. Steve Daines says he's going to attend his daughter's wedding back home in Montana on Saturday regardless of a possible weekend Senate vote on embattled Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I just shot a email his way. I urge everyone to do the same.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
As militant conservative as I am, I don't have a problem with this.

It's his Daughters wedding.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I am guessing they have the votes without him or the vote will take place before or after the wedding.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am guessing they have the votes without him or the vote will take place before or after the wedding.
View Quote
I'm guessing Mon or Tue.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
"Daines told The Associated Press Thursday in a statement that two things are going to happen this weekend: There's going to be a new Supreme Court justice and Daines is going to walk his daughter down the aisle."
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm guessing Mon or Tue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm guessing Mon or Tue.
The dems will now insist on voting Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw this:

Donald Trump Jr.
?
Verified account

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Follow Follow @DonaldJTrumpJr
More
.@SteveDaines is a good friend and hunting/fishing buddy and as far as his vote this weekend is concerned he tells me he has it covered.

Coming from this man you can take that to the bank!
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Senator Daines was just on the Shannon Bream show and conveyed that this is no big deal.  I feel better now knowing that the confirmation will not fail on behalf of Senator Daines weekend commitment to his family.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I was pretty pissed at first. After listening to his statement, I realized his vote is taken care of. Hope it’s a good wedding.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Wonder what type of aircraft will be taking him to DC after the wedding?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wonder what type of aircraft will be taking him to DC after the wedding?
View Quote
I hope it's this one.

Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The dems will now insist on voting Saturday.
View Quote
The Democrats are in no position to demand anything, the leader can keep the vote open for Daine's and will
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#14]
GOP congressman offers plane so Sen. Daines can attend daughter's Montana wedding and still vote for Kavanaugh

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-congressman-offers-plane-so-sen-daines-can-attend-daughters-montana-wedding-and-still-vote-for-kavanaugh

Sen. Steve Daines will walk his daughter down the aisle in Montana on Saturdaybut if needed, he will rush back to Washington on a fellow lawmaker's plane to vote for Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Daines said Friday that his longtime family friend and colleague, Rep. Greg Gianforte, R-Mont., swooped in to save the day by offering his plane. Daines has said he will vote for Kavanaugh, but Saturday's planned floor vote conflicts with his daughter's wedding.

My good friend and colleague, Greg, has come to save the day. If I need to be in two places at once to walk my daughter down the aisle on her wedding day and to be the final vote to put Judge Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, hes offered me use of his plane, Daines said in a statement to Fox News Friday. I appreciate his generosity as well as his dedication to family and country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top