Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2021 7:00:10 AM EDT
Southwood HS in Shereveport

My Daddy, a Steelworker, had those piercing China-blue eyes, that could melt chrome steel with his "LOOK."

At age 5, we six kids all got the lecture of: "Three People are ME to y'all when you see or address them: the PASTOR, the COP, or the TEACHER. You respect THEM as you would ME. You have three replies to them: 'Yessir, No sir, or I don't know, sir."

The final caveat to us young 'uns was: "I work the swing shift down at the Mill--sometimes pulling 'double-tricks.' I have no time nor inclination for foolishness. You fetch a whuppin at school--rest assured you'll get a worst one when I get back home."

...seemed to work for me...still doin' fine at 80 Summers strong!

Musta been something in that air down at the Mill that gave common sense! Thanks, Daddy, for all the good times. Love ya!

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Reminds me of the Westrock paper plant in Jonesoboro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top