Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/30/2021 11:31:56 PM EDT
I'm considering picking up a longer barrel .223 AR barrel that isn't threaded.

Is there a local shop that is reasonably priced and provides that service?

I just sold my lathe or I'd handle it and I have contacts I could mail it to. Trying to keep it local for cost and expedience.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I know this isn't local, but Silencer Center out of Sioux Falls, SD was super easy and quick for me.  From the time I shipped until I had it back was less than two weeks (I sent two uppers to them at once).  I think cost was around $100 each iirc, would have to go back and look.  Called ahead to arrange and scheduled an appointment.  If you do find someone local and are happy with them, please post because I have more to do, just havent had the time to deal with it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Does Controlled Chaos do threading? @septic-tank13
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what part of the State your in, but if your in the central part of the State it is pretty tough to beat CCA in Baxter.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Dbl post
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know what part of the State your in, but if your in the central part of the State it is pretty tough to beat CCA in Baxter.
View Quote

Seconded for CCA
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Scheels at the Jordan Creek Mall outsource their threading to a gunsmith. I don't know who or where but turn around was somewhere between 4-6 weeks and was $110 if I recall. Never used the service just inquired about it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Creative arms in Des Moines may be able to.

https://www.creativearms.com/
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top