Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2023 7:27:22 PM EDT
Anyone know/use anyone that doesn’t have a 2-3 month wait? I just want a few parts, including a bolt action receiver (want to avoid shipping) done in black.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
He's usually swamped (for good reason) but would be worth checking out Controlled Chaos Arms in Baxter. Owner is an active member here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had Controlled Chaos do a rifle barreled action it was excellent.
Generational Guns also does Cerakote. I will probably have them do something eventually I have had them do mill work and that was excellent.
Had Scheels  (Rick) send guns off for Walter Birdsong Green  or Black and Tan  T finish that was excellent but takes lots of time.
I will never have Jack Smith work on another gun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:34:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Rangemasters in Clive IA can do it about two week turn around
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used Controlled Chaos for many cerakote projects over the years, in fact I just mailed another project to him yesterday for another cerakote job.  

Never any complaints about the work, always been perfect.  I never expect a fast turn as I know they are busy but its worth it.  

I have also heard many good things about Rangemasters but never had any work done here personally.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. This section is always helpful.

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I took my stuff to Rangemasters. Had it all back the next day

Thanks again.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top