Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2021 6:51:35 PM EDT
And my new pistol is sitting at Frontiersman waiting for me to pick up! There's no way around this, right? Nothing they can do on the spot that would allow me to legally take this thing home instead of waiting 2 weeks for the bullshit permit? I never should've let my carry permit lapse. Dammit! That's my first order of business with my new pistol is to get a new carry permit.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
624.7131 TRANSFEREE PERMIT; PENALTY.

There is no exceptions listed here?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
March back in there with your pocket Constitution and give em what for. This infringement will not stand!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What sort of exceptions are you looking for?
View Quote

You inferred there was a work around.  And, from reading the law....no such option seems possible?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, you inferred I said there was a work-around.  Infer =/= imply, and I never stated this bypassed anything; rather, simply that it was a different option that may or may not reduce OP's wait.  Consequently, it should be no surprise that nothing in the law supports your interpretation of what I said.

As evidenced by the dealer portion of the permitting form, and outlined in the "permit to purchase" segment of the websites of most county and municipal law enforcement agencies, dealers can choose to file for a "one-time purchase" transfer permit on behalf of the buyer.  They're not required to offer this service and can charge the buyer to do so, but the option exists.

For example.
View Quote

"For a one-time purchase of a handgun from a gun shop or dealer without a permit to purchase, an application can be made directly at the gun shop/dealer where the purchase will be made. The gun shop/dealer will require a consent form to be completed to allow a background check to be conducted to determine eligibility to purchase a handgun. Gun shops/dealers are entitled to charge a fee for this service."
THERE STILL A BACKGROUND CHECK DONE AND THIS DOES NOT SPEED UP THE PROCESS ONE BIT.

YOU INFER THAT THIS IS DONE AT THE TIME OF SALE AND THUS THE PROSPECTIVE BUYER WALKS OUT THE DOOR WITH THE ITEM

YEAH RIGHT!  NOT

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"For a one-time purchase of a handgun from a gun shop or dealer without a permit to purchase, an application can be made directly at the gun shop/dealer where the purchase will be made. The gun shop/dealer will require a consent form to be completed to allow a background check to be conducted to determine eligibility to purchase a handgun. Gun shops/dealers are entitled to charge a fee for this service."
THERE STILL A BACKGROUND CHECK DONE AND THIS DOES NOT SPEED UP THE PROCESS ONE BIT.

YOU INFER THAT THIS IS DONE AT THE TIME OF SALE AND THUS THE PROSPECTIVE BUYER WALKS OUT THE DOOR WITH THE ITEM

YEAH RIGHT!  NOT

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you inferred I said there was a work-around.  Infer =/= imply, and I never stated this bypassed anything; rather, simply that it was a different option that may or may not reduce OP's wait.  Consequently, it should be no surprise that nothing in the law supports your interpretation of what I said.

As evidenced by the dealer portion of the permitting form, and outlined in the "permit to purchase" segment of the websites of most county and municipal law enforcement agencies, dealers can choose to file for a "one-time purchase" transfer permit on behalf of the buyer.  They're not required to offer this service and can charge the buyer to do so, but the option exists.

For example.

YEAH RIGHT!  NOT

Ah... Interesting. Well, that answers it. I could sort of recall the rule as Puck described it and assumed it was a sort of work around. But now I get it. It doesn't speed up anything. Thanks for clarifying! Can't wait to get my carry permit refreshed. Makes life so much easier.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I just went over to the gun shop to check it out and make sure it was as advertised. Damn, is it nice. Might be my new favorite pistol. This is gonna be a long 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just went over to the gun shop to check it out and make sure it was as advertised. Damn, is it nice. Might be my new favorite pistol. This is gonna be a long 2 weeks.
View Quote

You still haven't told us what you're getting
View Quote

Langdon Tactical 92 Elite Ltt rdo to which I'm adding a Trijicon SRO and a Streamlight Tlr1-hl.
Exactly like this setup below.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]
That is one sexy beast.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Daaaaaammmmnnnn..... I love that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#15]
A Right delayed is a Right denied.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A Right delayed is a Right denied.
View Quote

Yep. I can't wait to get my permit to exercise my rights. It'll be so nice. Someday we'll need permits for "free speech". But never for voting.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But never for voting.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Very nice pistol. If it weren't for the Twin Cities MN would have even better gun laws. As it stands we aren't awful but a lot of progress still needs to be made.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Hahaha!!! Great day! My permit to exercise my God-given rights came yesterday! The precious is mine!

Attachment Attached File

Full size carry perfection...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Very nice. You gonna carry that bad boy cocked?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Very nice. You gonna carry that bad boy cocked?
View Quote

Nah. Just getting used to the decocker.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How much does that sumbitch weigh OP?
View Quote

That sum bitch weighs 48.25oz. So, let's call it 3 pounds loaded. 37.25oz unloaded. So, little under 2.5 pounds.

So if I ever runs out of ammo I can use it to beat assholes to death.

Attachment Attached File

^^^^This pic was taken with a full mag but without one in the pipe. A round weighs .40oz so I added that in to get to 48.25oz.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I never would have thought, but the SRO and beretta make a very handsome pair.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks even better now with the threaded barrel. Gotta start shopping for a 9mil suppressor now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, that looks nice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#30]
That looks like a fun pistol and a great can host. Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Frontiersman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top