Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2020 12:18:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding that they didn't want hunting because they didn't want people *purposely* introducing them into the state to hunt.  As soon as they arrive, I think they're going to change their tune, but until that time that's what the statute is.  After living in TX and seeing what they can do, not only to the land, but also the animal population, it's going to have to be all-out war to control them.

ETA: I read the article linked afterwards, and it makes sense that they don't want to disperse the sounders, just like opponents of CWD hunts don't want the herds to be pushed further outwards.  But, I don't believe they'll keep that stance after the pigs are here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top