Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2019 10:32:40 PM EDT
My friend went to Jasper Pulaski shooting range last Friday.  He was attempting to shoot his semi-auto 1919 off a tripod.  He was thrown out before he even got the gun setup.  He then went to Winamac.  This time he got the gun setup, in front of the range officer, and proceeded to fire about 50 rounds before he was stopped and thrown out for violating the rules.  They said you are not allowed to fire anything that feeds from a belt and rifles have to be shouldered.  The RO made a spectacle of the situation and threw him off the property.

After leaving, he contacted the DNR to file a complaint.  He was unable to talk to anyone, so he left a message.  They called him back within an hour.  They claim they are going to fire the RO, we shall see.

Anyone else have issues at either of these ranges?

Jason
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an RO at JP tell me I couldn't shoot my suppressors without showing him my paperwork. I simply refused and he never came over by me again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
You would think these jobs would be attractive to gun guys.  Why some of these clowns act the way they do makes no sense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You would think these jobs would be attractive to gun guys.  Why some of these clowns act the way they do makes no sense.
View Quote
Power trip.  Respect muh authori-tye!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Never had problems at jasper. There is an older guy at winimac that has given me a hard time before. I was literally the only one there and had a handgun to shoot. I was on the 25 yard range by myself. I proceeded to shoot about 15 yards from the wood backstop at my target, so that put me downrange with my pistol. If anyone were to show up on the range, I would move back to the 25 yard line. Well he comes up and starts yelling at me. I wish there were better places to shoot and places to shoot steel in NWI.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#5]
RO's.  Lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top