Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2019 7:28:28 PM EDT
Been thinking about a hog hunt in Cali. Where are some hog hotbeds in Cali that i could plan a public land DIY hunt?
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest. The dudes who know tend to be tight-lipped
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to say it, but there are not many pigs in many of the public places these days.

I hunt private ranches and that is usually where they are. Now you can find some in los padres national forest south of Carmel Valley or Fort Hunter Liggett if they are not training that day.  There are potentially pigs here. Also henry coe state park and around lake berryessa has them.  I know they are in mendocino area too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate to say it, but there are not many pigs in many of the public places these days.

I hunt private ranches and that is usually where they are. Now you can find some in los padres national forest south of Carmel Valley or Fort Hunter Liggett if they are not training that day.  There are potentially pigs here. Also henry coe state park and around lake berryessa has them.  I know they are in mendocino area too.
View Quote
Lake Sonoma but I’m not sure about public access.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been wanting to hunt pigs for years.  Haven't found any where public that has them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 1:53:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been going out by Hunter Liggett since the mid 90's

I have been skunked that last two years when I go archery.

I goto Arizona, or Texas for rifle.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you current or retired military? Vandenberg AFB. The paperwork sucks, along with the rules, but I killed 2 there in 4 years.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Have family in the wine industry.

Sorry, that’s all I got for ya....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top