Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2018 1:42:41 PM EDT
I am a Supervisor at a Security Company with Armed Security Officers all over DFW and the surrounding areas. Our guys qualify for Blue Label pricing on Glocks, Sigs, S&W and so on.

I am looking to compile a list of local shops and dealers who have discounted Blue Label handguns for sale.  Even a small corner of a case with a couple of Glocks or Sigs that have a sign that says "LE/Mil Only" or something is good enough, just trying to get a comprehensive list from all over DFW and about 50 miles around, and also in Waco/Temple.

So far I know:

GT Distributors- main Glock LE Dealer in Texas
DSG Arms in Fort Worth
B&S in Garland (not confirmed)

If you run into any in a store front, please let me know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Thanks for that... and while you undoubtedly believe that you are being helpful, allow to me to detail how useless what you have provided me with is:

According to that map and information, GT Distributors in NE Dallas is a "stocking dealer", when in fact, GT is the only LE Distributor in all of Texas.

DSG Arms, whose location I visited this very day, has Blue Label Glocks in their case, but is not listed at all on the map at the link that you provided.

There is a reason why I am asking for "boots on the ground" information, and that reason is that the information available on several websites is diametrically opposed to my own knowledge in at least these two cases, and makes any other info given unable to be relied upon. Plus, this is not only about Glocks, because we also authorize Sigs and M&Ps as well.  Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The ONLY place I go for glocks is GT Distributors.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for that... and while you undoubtedly believe that you are being helpful, allow to me to detail how useless what you have provided me with is:

According to that map and information, GT Distributors in NE Dallas is a "stocking dealer", when in fact, GT is the only LE Distributor in all of Texas.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Before acting like an ass maybe you should learn how that Glock Dealer Locator works.
You can turn off the "Dealer" and "Range" tabs and turn on the "LE Dealers" Blue Label tab.

Both GT in Dallas and in Austin are LE Distributors. All the others flagged with the Blue pin are LE Dealers.

DSG Arms, whose location I visited this very day, has Blue Label Glocks in their case, but is not listed at all on the map at the link that you provided.  
That DSG isn't listed is something you should bring up with Glock inc.

You can also order direct from Glock.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a drive but Best Pawn in Sherman is one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There is a reason why I am asking for "boots on the ground" information, and that reason is that the information available on several websites is diametrically opposed to my own knowledge in at least these two cases, and makes any other info given unable to be relied upon. Plus, this is not only about Glocks, because we also authorize Sigs and M&Ps as well.  Thanks anyway.
View Quote
Ignore him .  He gets like that.  Some people can’t help it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Why am I not surprised that a security guard couldn't figure out a simple map?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ignore him .  He gets like that.  Some people can’t help it.
View Quote
Gets like what? Posting a link to Glock Blue Label Dealers?
I tried to help someone too lazy to use Google and he gets upset when he can't figure out how to use the map.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I had already found that Glock map, and I had already determined that map is WRONG... pure, plain and simple.  It is providing me with information that I KNOW to be both incorrect and incomplete.  It tells me that Wincester Galleries in East Fort Worth is a blue label dealer, I was there a couple of months ago asking and they had 2 regular Glocks in the case, and I asked and they had zero blue labels... yet they are on that map.  I have done my homework on this in my immediate area, and yet I have some people on here chastising me for not relying on this map as though it is Gospel Truth?  Explain to me how you think that makes sense? Explain to me how Pin's comment of "hur hur, security guard, hur hur" is justified?

That is the entire point of this thread: to get actual and reliable "boots on the ground" information from members all around DFW who actually walk into places and obtain actual information, just like the info that txstinkbug gave me (THANKS!) and more information than only about Glocks, such as for Sigs and M&Ps.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Acting like an asshole will surely get you all the help you desire.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Buckshot: I was extremely kind and tactful in my reply to DogtownTom, I even thanked him both at the beginning and at the end of that post.

However, the information that he provided me had already been accessed and disregarded as both inaccurate and incomplete by me.

Tell me exactly the word or phrase that I used in my original reply that you believe went over the line into "Asshole" territory?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#12]
How did Glock respond when you addressed your issues with them and their website?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Buckshot: I was extremely kind and tactful in my reply to DogtownTom, I even thanked him both at the beginning and at the end of that post.

However, the information that he provided me had already been accessed and disregarded as both inaccurate and incomplete by me.

Tell me exactly the word or phrase that I used in my original reply that you believe went over the line into "Asshole" territory?
View Quote
"Thanks for that... and while you undoubtedly believe that you are being helpful, allow to me to detail how useless what you have provided me with is:"

You could have just said "thanks" or not replied at all. Instead you had to "detail how useless" his post was. He is a guy trying to help. Your reply was very terse and sounded like a guy who has issues. Try being nice, even when you don't have to be. It works, every time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How did Glock respond when you addressed your issues with them and their website?
View Quote
Cute.

I talked to DSG Arms about them not being on "the map" and they said that they would look into it.

The guy behind the counter at Winchester was not familiar with their status on the website, but was certain that they did not have anything from Glock that was not in the case, and there were zero blue labels in the aforementioned case.

In addition, I do not believe that correcting Glock's website is within my purview, nor do I believe that my input regarding their website would be welcome or accepted by Glock, based on my recent experience with items not being shown on the Glock site for sale that I know are for sale.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Thanks for that... and while you undoubtedly believe that you are being helpful, allow to me to detail how useless what you have provided me with is:"

You could have just said "thanks" or not replied at all. Instead you had to "detail how useless" his post was. He is a guy trying to help. Your reply was very terse and sounded like a guy who has issues. Try being nice, even when you don't have to be. It works, every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh... got it.

It seems as though you and I have different opinions as to what constitutes "nice" and what does not.  We can work through that.

By the way, the word "terse" means using words sparingly, or abruptly... an accusation with which I am entirely unaccustomed and one which is absolutely inapplicable to me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cute.

I talked to DSG Arms about them not being on "the map" and they said that they would look into it.

The guy behind the counter at Winchester was not familiar with their status on the website, but was certain that they did not have anything from Glock that was not in the case, and there were zero blue labels in the aforementioned case.

In addition, I do not believe that correcting Glock's website is within my purview, nor do I believe that my input regarding their website would be welcome or accepted by Glock, based on my recent experience with items not being shown on the Glock site for sale that I know are for sale.
View Quote
Simply put, you haven’t and won’t. Copy that, best of luck getting your crew sorted out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ahh... got it.

It seems as though you and I have different opinions as to what constitutes "nice" and what does not.  We can work through that.

By the way, the word "terse" means using words sparingly, or abruptly... an accusation with which I am entirely unaccustomed and one which is absolutely inapplicable to me.
View Quote
I know what terse means. You were terse " concise suggests the removal of all that is superfluous or elaborative. a concise description terse implies pointed conciseness". While what he posted may have been totally useless,you could have phrased it in a different less concise or abrupt way; terse

Good luck
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
More likely he'll get all the help he deserves.

Sounds like he needs help in understanding what "nice" means.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have similar threads in multiple other forums and y'all are the only ones having an issue.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have similar threads in multiple other forums and y'all are the only ones having an issue.
View Quote
Thanks for that... and allow to me to detail how useless that statement is..... Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for that... and allow to me to detail how useless that statement is..... Thanks anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Case in point... I have you people (and yes, I said "You People") acting like this is all me causing problems and y'all are all innocent little angels.  

But I hear you, I came off way too asshole-ish.  I apologize.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Case in point... I have you people (and yes, I said "You People") acting like this is all me causing problems and y'all are all innocent little angels.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember, you/your guys can order Blue Labels straight from Glock, Inc and have them delivered to any FFL.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Remember, you/your guys can order Blue Labels straight from Glock, Inc and have them delivered to any FFL.
View Quote
Right, which can take up to 120 days, longer if it is anything but a G17/22 or G19 from what I have heard.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I would just talk to one of the high volume DFW dealers and cut a deal with them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would just talk to one of the high volume DFW dealers and cut a deal with them.
View Quote
Meh... it is more about finding spread out locations. We have guys in East Texas that GT Dist in Dallas is a 2.5 hour drive. Same for a couple of guys just north of Waco, where Dallas and Austin GT locations are equally forever away, so we are looking to build a list of small gun shops with just a couple of blue labels in a corner case, because chances are they will be a G17, G22 or G19 if they have any. That way they don't have to drive half way across Texas, and they don't have to order directly from Glock or Sig and wait 3 months.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been thinking of getting a part time job with a security company but this thread gave me flashbacks to a few guys I had to deal with
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top