BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2020 9:40:51 PM EDT
plz
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bought a registered AR 10.3 pistol online. Transferred to my FFL. I expected to sell the 10.3 upper and use the lower for a 16" upper I have.
View Quote

After your dealer transfers it to you, OK.

My FFL dealer says I cannot do that. They took it in as a pistol, it had to go out as a pistol.
View Quote

The dealer won't change the lower into a rifle or other, OK fine.

They tell me if I put my 16' upper on the pistol lower, Michigan will look at it like an unregistered SBR or something.
View Quote

False.

Can anyone confirm - Can I use an AR pistol lower with a 16" upper?
View Quote

Yes you can.

If so, do I even have to submit the RI-060 if I'm selling the original 10.3 upper?

And no, it was never a registered rifle at any point. Factory pistol.
View Quote

You have to submit the RI-060 if you do not have both a MI CPL and an Out of State CPL. Some people agree, some disagree on what the law says on this FYI.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After your dealer transfers it to you, OK.

The dealer won't change the lower into a rifle or other, OK fine.

False.

Yes you can.

You have to submit the RI-060 if you do not have both a MI CPL and an Out of State CPL. Some people agree, some disagree on what the law says on this FYI.
View Quote

I appreciate the response. That's what I thought but don't know why my dealer would tell me that. Just wanna be sure before I roll with it. Mind if I ask how you know this for sure? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably the legal beagle forum @ MGO .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top