Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/24/2021 8:33:42 PM EDT
Did anyone get to attend this year?

My son and I have been able to go for the last 7 years (well, except for last year of course) but, unfortunately were not able to make it this year.

Was just curious if it went well.

We're there any significant changes?

How was the attendance numbers?

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I attended on Friday with a couple friends, the 5K limit was all for show as they let anyone who showed up inside. We hadn't heard that you had to get pre approved "tickets" online to get inside but they "just happened" to have some extra tickets on hand to let us(and everyone else) use.  There were fewer vendors there, SARCO was a no show which was disappointing.  Seemed fewer reenactors as well but still enough for a decent battle. There were 3 U.S. tanks and 2 German tanks, quite a bit fewer than years past and no 88 flak guns this year. Only 2 landing craft and 1 DUKW on hand for the landing, down quite a bit from years past as well. Had flybys from a pair of T-51's and a C-47 but no B-25's or B-17's this year. It was a fun time as usual anyways but I hope it bounces back bigger next year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for your replies.

My family was finally able to take a long overdue and much needed vacation but, unfortunately, it coincided with this year's reenactment (my son was super disappointed)

I was really hoping that the previous years BS wouldn't greatly change what has been such an amazing experience.

Sad to hear about the 88 being absent since it was such a big part of DDay Ohio but hopefully it will be only this one time and will make it's return next year!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
A bunch of the reenactors  bailed due to the event  demanding vaccine papers.

Whole thing needs to be smaller. It got way too big for the area it is in.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top