Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2019 6:24:08 PM EDT
As a recent transplant from a state with better laws regarding guns, is this even worth going to, or complete waste of time?
Not looking to buy guns, just browse variety.

oh yeah, here as .mil dependant, so I cant even buy ammo
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You might find something interesting, but generally a waste of time to go to a gun show in CA, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have nothing better to do and the price of admission isn't a bitch where you are, go.
I generally only go every couple years or so, to get primers and powder. I have found no real deals on guns that I couldn't get elsewhere. My FIL goes with me often to search out odd parts for odd guns and he often(not always) finds something he needs.

But I am a ways up north from you, I don't know what the So. CA gun shows are like. I am sure they are weak compared to TX.

Sometimes it's just something to do.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might find something interesting, but generally a waste of time to go to a gun show in CA, IMO.
View Quote
Accurate description. And there was usually a long line to get in when they first open. Maybe thats when all the good stuff gets bought up. They started having some in the Ontario convention center when I was still out there but that always seemed like it had less than the Del Mar events.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there, probably Saturday morning, with the sole purpose of walking out with cases of ammo just to annoy the protesters.  I have enough ammo already to last at least 10 years, but it's always fun buying more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
My main reason for going is to buy ammo, powder, and primers.

I've found good deals on cast bullets, but not recently.

I'll also buy misc parts. With cash, you can avoid sales tax with the smaller vendors.

Gun prices tend to be high. Also the deals on Polymer 80s and such usually are not that good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top