Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 10:32:12 AM EDT
Let’s see if We are lucky!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Fingers crossed, could really use some time in the woods.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing has happened yet. Maybe they will later today or even next week.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Some chatter saying there might be a computer issue over there... as always
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
G&F sent out an email saying they had 18,000 more apps this year, which is a lot.

Either way the computers seem to be down.

I figure they either got the wrong goat to kill and read its entrails or they couldn't get the monkeys drunk enough to make the picks.  Big drinkers those monkeys.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s always a shit show.... every year.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]
My niece works at G&F and she says it's screwed up bad over there. We probably won't know for a while. I think she said there were well over 150,000 apps put in this year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone seeing or hearing anything yet?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing yet... nothing on Azgf Facebook either
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm hearing the system crashed so hard that it may be next week before the draw happens.  

I guess they're using Dominion counters or something.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm hearing the system crashed so hard that it may be next week before the draw happens.  

I guess they're using Dominion counters or something.  https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote

"What's that? You've put in for elk every year since you turned 18 and have never been drawn? You have over 9000 preference points? How odd... Oh, Commissioner, congrats on your 5th elk in 5 years! Nice job on those Dominion new points tallying machines!"

I also believe Grant Woods did a thorough and complete investigation into the Fiesta Bowl.

(I ain't made up my mind about the Tooth Fairy, not yet.)
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]
So G&F sent out an email saying they're still working on it.  And I talked to a rep from G&F, he said that their system just couldn't handle the 17000+ increase in apps.  Including those just seeking bonus points, they were up to over 210,000 apps.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]
One day ...
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#13]
So why dont we stop accepting out of state applications?  Want to hunt AZ, gotta live here. We're not abundant in animals like other states who can afford to give out tons of tags with minimal impact to species.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So why dont we stop accepting out of state applications?  Want to hunt AZ, gotta live here. We're not abundant in animals like other states who can afford to give out tons of tags with minimal impact to species.
View Quote

One word..... money
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

One word..... money
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One word..... money

Arizona used to limit out of state hunters, but G&F was sued by out of state guide services. 9th Cir said under interstate commerce laws, one state couldn't limit citizens of another state. I think it was in 2002.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Arizona used to limit out of state hunters, but G&F was sued by out of state guide services. 9th Cir said under interstate commerce laws, one state couldn't limit citizens of another state. I think it was in 2002.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One word..... money

AZGFD still limits the number of tags to non-residents at 10%. So the argument of it’s all the non-residents issue isn’t the actual issue. There has been an uptick in non-residents coming to AZ for the OTC hunts. This is contributed to Randy Newberg and other big names coming to AZ and promoting the hunting opportunities.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Any one get hit yet???????????
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any one get hit yet???????????
View Quote

Hopefully today. Portal says draw pending
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top