Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one in the suburbs of Loudoun roughly twelve years ago.  They've been here for a while.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Dayum!  Now the PoPo is shooting wild dogs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#3]
A few years back farm hands shot a rabid bear in Albemarle County.  Not only do we need AR15s.....we need big bore ARs!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
They are everywhere here in western Hanover.  Farmers stacking them up like cord wood on FB .

We’ve started being really conscious about closing all the gates .  458 SOCOM at the ready.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
We have a red one tooling around our neighborhood. Too bad so many people here leave their trash accessible or he'd start to cut down on the cat population.

@bulldog1967 you look ... happy in that picture. I suppose it makes sense if you're expecting a deer but get a doggo
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I had heard 15 or 20 years ago that coyotes were making inroads
on the east coast, and I've known for years about rabid foxes, raccoons,
and even squirrels, but I wouldn't have expected coyotes to be in Springfield.

I wouldn't have been surprised if it were Winchester/Frederick, Culpeper/Culpeper,
Warrenton/Fauquier, or even Leesburg/Loudoun.

Guess I gotta pop my suburban life bubble.

ETA - nice pic, bulldog!  

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 12:13:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I havent seen any coyotes in my AO in weeks ( slanesville west va  ) and I live way out there

Last time I saw a coyote in NOVA wa like 18-20 years ago on cranoke street by cub run stream valley park

But out here in winchester they sneak around the edges of town looking for a quick meal ( cats )

and around the north side of front royal ( riverton area ) they're a few small packs as well

No more $50.00 bounty but people still drop them

But go to flint hill/washington area at night and park and listen they're vocal .

I keep warning my friend at her rescue to stop leaving food out at night
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got my first deer in 10 years 10 minutes later.

And I was STILL more pumped about getting the coyote.

No matter WHAT kind of hunt you are on, if you see a coyote, it BECOMES a coyote hunt!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bulldog1967 you look ... happy in that picture. I suppose it makes sense if you're expecting a deer but get a doggo

I got my first deer in 10 years 10 minutes later.

And I was STILL more pumped about getting the coyote.

No matter WHAT kind of hunt you are on, if you see a coyote, it BECOMES a coyote hunt!

Their fur makes great trim on deerskin moccasins.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I saw a coyote in NOVA was like 18-20 years ago on Cranoke street by cub run stream valley park

Sitting about 1/2 mile from there as the crow flies. You can hear them at night yipping in the park.  

I heard 3rd party that the officer was deep in the woods of Accotink park when the little bastard ran up and bit him on the right calf.   Had to pull him off and them bust caps at him. Hit him multiple times with the 9. All rounds were accounted for thank god.    Cop is about to retire too. His squad is hoping to get some part of the carcass back from the state for a retirement gag.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#12]
First one I saw was at Edsall road and backlick about 9 years ago. I’ve seen one or two more in the county since. I’ve never seen one in centreville but I’ve seen lots of foxes. Last year guy I know had a game camera set up along the power lines that cross 29 before pleasant valley and captured a pretty good size black bear. Was a little surprised by this. Another guy had another game camera set up further down the power lines and caught the same bear. Was probably with in 100 yards or less of some of the houses.

I’ll have to ask if they have gotten coyotes on the cameras. The cameras are mainly set up looking for deer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#13]
In our edge of town neighborhood in Berryville, we've had bear, fox, and coyotes.  We even had an escaped pig!
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Last time I saw a coyote in NOVA was like 18-20 years ago on Cranoke street by cub run stream valley park

Sitting about 1/2 mile from there as the crow flies. You can hear them at night yipping in the park.  

I heard 3rd party that the officer was deep in the woods of Accotink park when the little bastard ran up and bit him on the right calf.   Had to pull him off and them bust caps at him. Hit him multiple times with the 9. All rounds were accounted for thank god.    Cop is about to retire too. His squad is hoping to get some part of the carcass back from the state for a retirement gag.
View Quote

@Yankee-Carpet-Bagger

I googled earth chantilly the other day

holy hell talk about all the land being developed

My area is as rural as you can get for this part of the country

This is down the road about 1.5miles from my place

Deer playing in field by my house

deer are like roaches here as well as turkeys lol

The coyotes all over are becoming fearless

Ive had a few occasions were Im outside after dark at my house in wets va and my moms lil monster stops and stares into the woods and is growling and backing up or the cats in the house run inside from the catio and i go out with a light and tool to see what it is

this was from april

Caught something on my stealth cam trail camera 4/11/2022 at about 3am. Coyote ?

im guessing it was a coyote taking my racoons snack ( he since disappreared as well )

I so need to try thermal before I buy something

feel limited with just my pvs

[youtube]shorts/N3Eft0PN7Y8?feature=share[/youtube]

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In our edge of town neighborhood in Berryville, we've had bear, fox , and coyotes.  We even had an escaped pig!
View Quote

@ducbsa

a pig

oh hell no

I was staying off the shenandoah in 2015

looked out the window and saw a pig

failed to see his two buddies

at 1st oh how neat

but then why are no nipping my hoodie ( all 4 dogs ditched my ass )
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw a big coyote on the GW parkway a few years back.

There are plenty of coyotes in Orange county and I've found coyote scat on my property but haven't seen one yet.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:11:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had heard 15 or 20 years ago that coyotes were making inroads
on the east coast, and I've known for years about rabid foxes, raccoons,
and even squirrels, but I wouldn't have expected coyotes to be in Springfield.

I wouldn't have been surprised if it were Winchester/Frederick, Culpeper/Culpeper,
Warrenton/Fauquier, or even Leesburg/Loudoun.

Guess I gotta pop my suburban life bubble.

ETA - nice pic, bulldog!  

View Quote

We’ve been killing them in Stafford since 2000ish.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I’m in Woodbridge, and i hear them on occasion. We also had a black bear cub roaming a few streets 2 or 3 years ago.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#19]
They are in Arlington Cemetery and Ft. Meyer. About a month ago one night some fire engines went up the road and several started yipping just inside the fence at Fort Meyer. Never saw them but they were close.
They are also in Mclean. Have seen them hunting the foxes I used to feed at night. Those things are wired pretty tight. Tried several times to sneak up to the edge of a window to get a photo and they bolt in the fraction of a second.
Former neighbor had trail cams out and said that they were coming through the neighborhood about once every three weeks.

On another note, a friend recently told me he has had good luck getting coyotes when ground hog hunting.
He shoots one, then hangs it from a limb about 4-5 feet off the ground and watches it periodically for a day or two.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I freely admit my ignorance, and I actually learn stuff on this forum.

But please, please don't tell me killer bees made it up here from Texas!

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Another reason gun free zones (Fairfax parks) are a bad thing.  Rabid coyotes show up, well aware that nobody is armed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top