Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2018 1:10:13 PM EDT
Corner of Santa Barbara and Davis.

Sitting on the sidewalk watching the cars go by.

Both are busy 6 lane streets with medians.

Someday a child is going to get picked off.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a few blocks over from my range, I have never seen coyotes in the area. Lots of deer and panther though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them numerous times in Gainesville during the day. Single animals. I've seen packs during daylight hours in the country where I live.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I live by Naples High School and saw one on our street late at night about 2 years ago .
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw a coyote while travelling on I-75 couple weeks ago.
It was a lone coyote just few miles east of the toll on the Naples side.  It was on the north side walking on the dirt road next to the canal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I see them a lot as well, and it's usually not a good thing for them.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw a coyote while travelling on I-75 couple weeks ago.
It was a lone coyote just few miles east of the toll on the Naples side.  It was on the north side walking on the dirt road next to the canal.
View Quote
That would be the dirt road off Desoto Blvd. Actually pretty far out in the boonies
but my grand daughter lives out there
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I see them a lot as well, and it's usually not a good thing for them.  
View Quote
Good for you. I live pretty much in town and have to just look at them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good for you. I live pretty much in town and have to just look at them.
View Quote
Yeah, that is how they tease us I suppose.   They are fun to hunt if/when/where you can.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
We have a whole crew of them on Sanibel.  They followed me home on my walk the other night, but didn't bother me (FYI: FLIR is cool).  I've heard they've been following kids to the bus stop in the morning, which is not good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have a whole crew of them on Sanibel.  They followed me home on my walk the other night, but didn't bother me (FYI: FLIR is cool).  I've heard they've been following kids to the bus stop in the morning, which is not good.
View Quote
That's very interesting.  As a lifelong Florida resident I've been vacationing on Sanibel and Captiva my whole life- never knew those guys were there!

BTW, you definitely live in paradise!
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Seen them in winter haven. I even saw a FL panther slipping between 2 houses in a gated community in the hunters creek area of orlando at 3am once while on my way to a EMS call. My driver and I both were stunned and couldn't believe what we just saw.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like FWC needs coyote trappers instead of python hunters.

Although have heard of pythons in town here also.

This problem will only get worse.

Carry everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
They should have never allowed python sales in the US. Those fucking things will end up killing everything in the Everglades
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I have seen Coyotes on Disney property.  Along the road (Victory Way) and not in a resort but he could saunter on over if he wants to.  I consider them to be anywhere there are some woods to hunt in these days.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Only animal i worry about when hiking with my dog in the ONF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top