Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2018 8:36:59 PM EDT
Just finished doing a Kryptek paint job on my new Coyote rifle. Its a 300 Blackout, the brake is a copy of the magnaport design with 5/8x24 thread. It has a 10 round mag in it right now, but I also painted a 5 round mag which I'll just switch out for hunting. Battlelink Minimal collapsible stock so I can adjust it for heavier hunting clothes and a Nikon 3-9x40 Buckmaster scope. I haven't shot it yet, but I hope to get back upstate this weekend.

Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm getting that feeling that nobody likes it lol
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s pretty good. But most people won’t bother with the cold link.

What round do you use for coyote?  Varmaggedon?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s pretty good. But most people won’t bother with the cold link.

What round do you use for coyote?  Varmaggedon?
View Quote
How do I change the link? I was going to try the Hornady Black Vmax 110 grain
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I think i got it,
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle. But not legal for us thr serfs of FUAC.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice rifle. But not legal for us thr serfs of FUAC.
View Quote
Thanks. I live in New York, the rifle is 100% legal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#7]
This is the BCG for the rifle. Just a little hint as to why the rifle is NY compliant.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, so it looks scary and apparently requires manual cycling.  What does it accomplish that a Ruger American Predator would not do for less money?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, so it looks scary and apparently requires manual cycling.  What does it accomplish that a Ruger American Predator would not do for less money?
View Quote
Well, for one thing he can convert it to a free man’s AR if he were to leave PRNY
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well for one thing, it makes me happy. Anybody can go to the store and buy a cookie cutter rifle. I built this rifle and built it the way I wanted it. It has a 16" 300 blackout Green Mountain "gunsmith" barrel with no gas port hole. I turned the barrel down to my specs, threaded the end for 5/8x24 and finished it with a 11 degree target crown. The brake I made myself, it's a copy of the magnaport brake. Yes, it requires manual cycling with a side charger bolt and a charging handle which I made myself as well.

Link Posted: 6/25/2018 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice!
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice!
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh no gas tube. Nice paint job
View Quote
Thanks for the compliment. Correct, there is no gas tube, but I always wondered if just removing the gas tube would actually pass the compliant test. That is why I went with a barrel that was never drilled for a gas system. Better safe than sorry
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#15]
on my 24" rifle, I removed the gas tube, and turned the gas block around to block the port in the barrel.  I will be changing out the upper and BCG to a side charging version that I got from Primary Arms.  I think it was $120 or so for both.  Bear Creek Arsenal?  Anyhoo, it's got a VLT0R ambi CH on it for now until I get around to changing out the parts.  Might have a friend of mine flute the barrel to remove some of the weight.  It's a stainless bull barrel, weighs a ton.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks cool OP. I like to see guys using some skill and ingenuity out there.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
on my 24" rifle, I removed the gas tube, and turned the gas block around to block the port in the barrel.  I will be changing out the upper and BCG to a side charging version that I got from Primary Arms.  I think it was $120 or so for both.  Bear Creek Arsenal?  Anyhoo, it's got a VLT0R ambi CH on it for now until I get around to changing out the parts.  Might have a friend of mine flute the barrel to remove some of the weight.  It's a stainless bull barrel, weighs a ton.  
View Quote

I milled a slot in an upper for my first side charger and drilled and tapped the bolt carrier for the charging handle. I put a solid rod in place of the gas tube and used the gas tube roll pin to keep it in place.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks cool OP. I like to see guys using some skill and ingenuity out there.
View Quote
Thanks. I think I have more fun building these rifles than I do shooting them lol!
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/LAR-Grizzly-OPS-22-side-charger-issue/4-724080/

Here is a link to a post I made about the side charging upper receiver I bought. It was a really good deal at $64, but it is really a dedicated 22 upper. I filled in the OPS-22 on the side of the receiver with JB Weld and just painted over it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top