Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2022 9:24:42 PM EDT
Full stop.

That is all.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, their stupid bullshit with raising prices constantly and having to do the retarded dance of calling them up and threatening to cancel every few months. Dropped them and haven't looked back. Was super skeptical of Centurylink but so far, it's been fine.  No gamers in the house though. One price that never changes. Cox can FOAD.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.

CenturyLink fiber on the other hand has been amazing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Crashed in the later evening twice this week.

I know I have fiber near my house, but I doubt if they will get it in the hood anytime soon.

Century Link sucks in my subdivision.  All of our coppers are fucked.  Mine only worked because I was the closest house to the hub.  I have 4 pairs, and two are completely bad, the other two have a lot of packet loss.  Most I could get was 12Mbps and it was sketchy.  Cox is the only other option besides expensive Musk dish.

Tucson public utility commission monopoly drives up prices, drives out competition.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Where in Tucson are you?  I'm in Corona.  There is a WISP I have been speaking to.  Just not sure I wanna drill a hole in the wall to bring in a network cable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where in Tucson are you?  I'm in Corona.  There is a WISP I have been speaking to.  Just not sure I wanna drill a hole in the wall to bring in a network cable.
View Quote
Golf Links and Bonanza area, East side.  I am pretty sure they have buried fiber along golf links for the new hospital and for the walmart. I have seen fiber splicer trucks along the road in the past.

I already have a hole in my wall for camera cables and cable modem, it is not a big deal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Only choice I have is Hughes.  It sucks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#8]
We use Cox since CenturyLink is worse.

Stuck in the middle.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
My brother lives further east and has very limited choices.  He is using T-mobile now and is getting better service.  I don't know if they put up a new tower/transmitter that made this possible, but he is happier with it.

The Starlink system doesn't seem so great after reading about the service interruptions they spell out on their own website.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Is Starlink even available here yet?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is Starlink even available here yet?
View Quote

Yes and no.  If you live in a high population density area, like the Phoenix Metro area, no.  If you live in a very low population density area, like Globe, then yes.   They haven't deployed enough satellites to handle the bandwidth traffic of millions of people in one city, but a small city or the middle of nowhere, they can handle just fine.  A friend of mine lives in near Globe, and it's the best thing in the world for him.  Yes, there are outages, but they are few and very short...like 5 minutes a 3-5 times per day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes and no.  If you live in a high population density area, like the Phoenix Metro area, no.  If you live in a very low population density area, like Globe, then yes.   They haven't deployed enough satellites to handle the bandwidth traffic of millions of people in one city, but a small city or the middle of nowhere, they can handle just fine.  A friend of mine lives in near Globe, and it's the best thing in the world for him.  Yes, there are outages, but they are few and very short...like 5 minutes a 3-5 times per day.
View Quote

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

but i guess better than nothing at all.  $599 setup fee?  GTFOH
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My brother lives further east and has very limited choices.  He is using T-mobile now and is getting better service.  I don't know if they put up a new tower/transmitter that made this possible, but he is happier with it.  

The Starlink system doesn't seem so great after reading about the service interruptions they spell out on their own website.
View Quote

I plan on going with T-Mobile when my contract is up with Hughes.  Until then, streaming is a no go.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have Wi-Power.... it isn't great, but from what people say, it's better than Frontier or Hughes.

Signed up for Starlink back in October, but that is still a ways out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top