Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2018 8:14:30 PM EDT
Anyone else having their internet constantly going out in Chandler?  I call and they say service outage and I wouldn't thinkuh but it's been almost a daily thing for the last three weeks.  When I bypass their automated shit and talk to someone they don't know anything other than the system is down in my area.

Starting to really piss me off.  If they are upgrading lines or something the least they can do is fucking tell people about it rather than just having my internet going off for hours at a time with no explanation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You know it's Trump and the Russian's don't you?
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is at least tell me that.  I'm pretty close to driving around and finding a Cox guy repairing something and asking him why the fuck my neighborhood is down every damn day
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I had cox for years in central phoenix and didn't have problems and when I moved to the nw valley, I started having problems like you're talking about. Multiple outages EVERYDAY, they didn't know what was wrong, and to have someone come look would cost and they just kept telling me to get a new modem/router (even though I did that and it did nothing). So I got tired of their shit and switched to centurylink, who isn't perfect, but they are 1000 times better than those coxsuckers.

Everytime I called cox they were complete pieces of shit, after being with them for 7-8 years and calling them to tell them I wanted to cancel my service, they said nothing. They didn't ask why, what they could do to keep me, nothing. She just "okay" and cancelled it. I won't ever have cox again, fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a problem like that a long time ago.

I used a program to constantly ping a website, and document *when* and where along the traceroute the connection failed. (Pingplotter was the program.)

Eventually Cox figured out they had an router that was overheating, failing, and reconnecting when it cooled off a little.

(That's what I remember happening. Not guaranteed 100% accurate.)

But that might be usefull - if you can document what router is failing & when, they just MIGHT be able to help.

Good luck!

(Pingplotter was a free file, back then. Now I think they have 3 versions, 2 of them requiring a license.)
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it's been pretty bad at our house the last month or so.  But we live close to you so might be localized.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a problem like that a long time ago.

I used a program to constantly ping a website, and document *when* and where along the traceroute the connection failed. (Pingplotter was the program.)

Eventually Cox figured out they had an router that was overheating, failing, and reconnecting when it cooled off a little.

(That's what I remember happening. Not guaranteed 100% accurate.)

But that might be usefull - if you can document what router is failing & when, they just MIGHT be able to help.

Good luck!

(Pingplotter was a free file, back then. Now I think they have 3 versions, 2 of them requiring a license.)
View Quote
You mean do their job for them?  Lol

I'll look into though.  Somebody needs to fix this crap one way or another
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently switched to century link . I’m actually impressed . No issued so far
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
two things, its probably localized.  I called enough times to complain when I had cox at a prior location and they finally sent a guy to tear up the nearest box to me and everything was gunked up looking like crap.  they ran a new line from the box to my house and maybe a new line to that box too, and then everything was great.  otherwise whenever it rained it would go out...  also temp changes would throw it for a loop...

second thing, there can't possibly be two people on one thread saying good things about century link.  they make Cox look like Seal team 6 by comparison, I didn't know it was possible to be impressed by Cox, but century link made it happen.  I finally returned back to Cox at my current location and its sooo much better...

Century Link every day for over two years, the internet would go out at least once a day.  It was night, somewhere between 10 and 1.  Let's say it was 10:05PM.  it would repeat over and over again, day after day.  after a week or two, it would be 10:06PM.  and so on, drifting a little later every night.  then maybe every 6 months or so, it would take a big jump to 11 or 12.  The later it was I didn't mind. But then it started go out all the time left and right, esp. as it got hot in the summer.

Anyway, I told CL of the reliable outage every night, they just acted like you were nuts.  Could never find anyone who knew a damn thing to discuss with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top