Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2018 12:30:10 AM EDT
Right now we have Centurylink Prism and actually like it, however we just found out that starting in 2019 Prism is being killed and we'll have to have DirectTV.  Well, this won't work because DirectTV and the Pac-12 Network hate each other (Bear Down!)  So, since we're moving here soon anyways we're looking at possible replacements.  (Please forgive if the questions don't make sense)
How bad does Cox suck?  How does everyone feel about their digital phones?  If the intardnet goes down does it take your phone with it?  How is the pricing?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had Cox at my house for xx years, since the days of DOCSIS 1.
I'm liking it, for the most part.

Had some trouble with it, early on, but it's been pretty stable the last 5 years or so.
I try to avoid talking to the techs. Some of them are patient and knowledgeable - other's are trying to plug the phone line into the ethernet port.

Telephone service requires a special modem. It can take a 4 or 8 hour battery, but those don't come standard.
(I don't have this at my house. A friend does.) I've never been around to test the service when the power was out.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive had both Direct and Dish for years. Just ended my run with Direct. They're incompetence just blew my mind and I couldnt take it anymore. Now I have an Amazon Fire TV running KODI and I also have a subscription to YouTubeTV, which is pretty legit. Has all ASU games (Fork Em Devils).
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a VOIP phone and when your internet service is down you have no phone service. It is just a small box the plugs into my router and then I plug my wireless phone into the
VOIP box. I use the VOIP phone like my old land line and still have the cell phone if my internet is down.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Stream, and never look back.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
cancelled cable (it was direct actually) 10 years ago, shoulda done it 30 years sooner.... 492 channels and not a damn thing on worth watching! I don't even have over-the-air TV....
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
we have had dish for 19 years.

I love it

I look at it like this, the only thing between my TV and satellite is the box my wires and a dish on the roof.

Cox has wires in the ground for miles, question is  how good are those wires?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top