Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 10:18:02 PM EDT
Just wanted to report one of our local (central Arkansas) members tested positive.   So far he's doing okay though.   Just a few symptoms.   Anyone else in the HTF had it this past year?  Family members?

Update:    His wife and son have now tested positive.   All okay so far.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Place I work it went around like wildfire. My section avoided contracting it, only by the grace of God. Upper-middle management and medical didn't give two shits about symptoms. Only after 7 or so days of constant displays of symptoms did medical start testing. Symptoms were known, discussed and talked about openly, but it still took 7 days for anyone to bother testing.

Eta: I hope whoever it is that has it has very mild symptoms and recovers quickly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I ended up getting it.  Only 1 day of being dizzy and weak.  3 days later, I lost most of my sense of smell and taste (but not all).  That was about a week ago, and I'm starting to get tastes back.  Mostly it's just annoying, because the thing really affects you sleeping through the night.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I had it back in June.  I sucked on zinc lozenges and drank tonic water (quinine water)

My symptoms never got very severe.  slight fever, light cough and generally shitty feeling
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't been tested but pretty sure wife had it end of January last year.  Same symptoms and can't ever remember being that sick before and had never lost taste before.

We didn't stay separated and I never had any symptoms.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:25:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#6]
It was me and my family we doing alot better now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Never tested for it, but I’m sure I had it already. Last fall I had bad bouts of lightheadedness to the point I almost couldn’t drive to work for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never tested for it, but I’m sure I had it already. Last fall I had bad bouts of lightheadedness to the point I almost couldn’t drive to work for a few weeks.
View Quote

Same here.  I was fine but all 3 of my family were wiped smooth out just before the panic started....    still wonder why some die, some have long lasting effects, and others just cough once and have the sniffles a day or 2.   It’s not always the health of the person, there still has to be an underlying trigger in some people that makes this so much worse for some....
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
So I currently work as a federal employee and right about a month or so ago I filled out a short survey about my thoughts on a Covid vaccine and if I would take one. A few weeks ago I get a phone call from my supervisor asking me a hypothetical question "if a vaccine were to be made available, would you be interested taking it?". This past week at a meeting they ask everyone on the spot who in the room be interest in taking said vaccine....any of you had anything similar happen at work?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#11]
My previous nurse's 37 yo husband died of covid pneumonia.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top