User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/13/2021 4:29:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't watch it, but I jumped on a zoom call and they told me. All I could do is laugh and say "Interesting, only a day before he would have his powers stripped anyways". What a sad attempt to save face. Its a shame, I was hoping we would have to pry it out of his hands, and doing so would scare all the local powers at be into dissolving their ordinances.

The fight isn't over..........
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't watch it, but I jumped on a zoom call and they told me. All I could do is laugh and say "Interesting, only a day before he would have his powers stripped anyways". What a sad attempt to save face. Its a shame, I was hoping we would have to pry it out of his hands, and doing so would scare all the local powers at be into dissolving their ordinances.

The fight isn't over..........
View Quote

@tweiss3
DeWine would have been stripped of his powers? Can you explain this a bit more?

Also I think the scholarships and lottery incentives are ridiculous.  Whose money is that??
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Little Mikey for saving us from ourselves and then graciously granting us our freedom back (a day before the legislative neutering of your "emergency powers" goes into effect).  What a @#%&ing tool...

At least we can go back to a maskless life after 6/2.  And we can finally get rid of those stupid plexiglass walls at bars and restaurants...

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I want to buy some surplus plexiglass if you know any restaurant owners who want to sell.  Need some windows for a hunting blind.
View Quote

I'll start asking around for you.  

ETA:  Ohio's Brandenburg Gate moment:  "Mr DeWine, tear down these walls..."
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still no fan of Little Mikey but they just announced today that they are requesting all of the extra unemployment payments cease in OH on 6/26.  That's great news for folks who can't find employees. All of the freeloaders are going to have to find a job now...  
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm still no fan of Little Mikey but they just announced today that they are requesting all of the extra unemployment payments cease in OH on 6/26.  That's great news for folks who can't find employees. All of the freeloaders are going to have to find a job now...  
View Quote

Good move, but how long before the usual suspects claim "that's racist!"
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good move, but how long before the usual suspects claim "that's racist!"
View Quote

I'm sure that's already happening.  It's highly likely that it's patriarchal and sexist too...
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@tweiss3
DeWine would have been stripped of his powers? Can you explain this a bit more?

Also I think the scholarships and lottery incentives are ridiculous.  Whose money is that??
View Quote

I had a thread on this, SB 22: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Ohio-Legislature-Passes-Bill-to-Rescind-Governor-Health-Orders-Veto-Override-Successful-/12-653016/

...he got his little balls clipped by supermajorities of his own party, ...god bless the OH legislature!    he's cringe worthy; a pathetic, limp duck...
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I feel bad for all the businesses that couldn’t hang on for just a few more months.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]
A good article from Cleveland.com

No more masks
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How should we dress?
View Quote
I hear that body condoms are in style for the woke crowd who still fears the WuFlu and wants to poke their noses into everybody's personal health information.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:58:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I want to buy some surplus plexiglass if you know any restaurant owners who want to sell.  Need some windows for a hunting blind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you Little Mikey for saving us from ourselves and then graciously granting us our freedom back (a day before the legislative neutering of your "emergency powers" goes into effect).  What a @#%&ing tool...

At least we can go back to a maskless life after 6/2.  And we can finally get rid of those stupid plexiglass walls at bars and restaurants...

Start dumpster diving after the 2nd you should find all you need.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Not wearing a mask at Home Depot and Meijer so far. Don't think Kroger cares either from seeing people not wearing masks inside.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#18]
It felt pretty great shopping at Costco today without a mask.

I forgot about that they were no longer enforcing until I heard a lady behind me ask as I walked in. I pulled it right down. I'd say about 30-40% were maskless, including employees. It was nice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#19]
there's a tiny minority of people who wear masks while working out at my gym...  for the life of me, i can't understand it, there probably isn't much that is stupider than that, ...especially when dealing with weights...

...this plandemic sure has been an expose on our "society" at large...
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Saw some stores took down their mask required signs.

Quoted:
there's a tiny minority of people who wear masks while working out at my gym...  for the life of me, i can't understand it, there probably isn't much that is stupider than that, ...especially when dealing with weights...

View Quote

In a way it's added resistance to help build stamina with lung capacity.  I started working out more on my home rower, except my legs would get tired and exhausted well before my core; I had plenty left in me but my legs couldn't keep up.  I started wearing the canvass facemask that is hard to breath in, making me breath much harder and getting my core tired about at the same time my legs would give out.   My goal initially was to build stamina however.  I don't wear it anymore when excercising.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not wearing a mask at Home Depot and Meijer so far. Don't think Kroger cares either from seeing people not wearing masks inside.
View Quote

Kroger officially dropped it yesterday for "vaccinated guests"
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I went into an Ace Hardware on Wednesday and their sign was updated to read something like "Masks required unless you are fully vaccinated."  A lot of the smaller convenience stores aren't requiring them either. I never wore one until they started the crap where a business could get in trouble if customers weren't in compliance.  Some places will hang on to the rules for a while I guess but the good news is that by the 2nd we'll be through with this weird chapter of our lives!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Tim Horton’s and Casa Del Taco in Chillicothe both still require masks for all guests, regardless of vaccine status. The manager at Casa also stated they will require masks for all after June 2nd. Spend your money accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tim Horton's and Casa Del Taco in Chillicothe both still require masks for all guests, regardless of vaccine status. The manager at Casa also stated they will require masks for all after June 2nd. Spend your money accordingly.
View Quote
No tears shed if they go out of business, then. Our legislature should have been more bold in their bill and included language that prohibited businesses from requiring customers to wear masks. Yes, I realize "private property" and all, but if a law can allow a business to require such stupidity it can also prohibit it.

Stopped by Fin Feather Fur this weekend. They're still requiring masks until 6/2.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No tears shed if they go out of business, then. Our legislature should have been more bold in their bill and included language that prohibited businesses from requiring customers to wear masks. Yes, I realize "private property" and all, but if a law can allow a business to require such stupidity it can also prohibit it.

Stopped by Fin Feather Fur this weekend. They're still requiring masks until 6/2.
View Quote

I don't get too fired up about the mask issue.  I don't like them and the requirements to wear them but I've managed.  I started wearing them when it was decided that businesses could get in trouble if people weren't wearing them.  I am still spending money in places that require them but I'm also steering my business toward places that don't as much as I can.  

After the second I will do whatever I can to only spend money with folks who don't require masks.  In my opinion after the second any businesses who are still requiring the mask are pretty much just virtue-signalling and won't get my patronage.  

I don't understand the clinging to the masks we're seeing.  I think that for the last few months the only folks who don't have the vaccine are the folks who don't want it, it was really easy to get.  Cool, if that is the case then why can't we go back to normal?  Folks I know who didn't want the vaccine don't seem too concerned about catching COVID, and if you have the vaccine why would you be overly concerned about catching COVID?

While I was typing this the radio just announced that Giant Eagle no longer requires masks for customers who have been vaccinated.  That's great news.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

The gym my friend goes to has a pool and a hot tub.  He saw two guys in the hot tub with masks on.  I couldn't imagine steaming in a mask.

I'd say about 40% of the people at Costco yesterday went maskless, including employees.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Most places I've been by now either don't have mask sign or changed to no mask for fully vaccinated.

Still technically in defiance of the executive order.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#28]
...thanks for the updates on companies/businesses who continue to be mask nazis...   i'll be looking to patronize those that don't discriminate...  

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Kings Island down here in Warren County are certainly done with the masks.
Took the family there Sunday and I seriously only counted like a dozen people with masks excluding employees.

JLE
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I got a surprising email from the City of Cuyahoga Falls, indicating all the City Facilities (including the Natatorium) will be mask free starting June 2, all water fountains will be open again, as well as all other parts of the facility and all entrances. They did mention "We encourage you to continue wearing a mask at your comfort level, self-check before arrival, maintain social distancing practices and continue diligent wiping down of all fitness equipment. "

I thought there would be more local pushback the way they had been talking. Frankly, I'm glad.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Daily Growler UA doesnt require them
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Daily Growler UA doesnt require them
View Quote

I was in a bar in my neighborhood Sunday (pretty liberal area).  There were no mask signs on the doors, in fact not one person was wearing one, there were no plexiglass dividers, and most importantly no stupid rules about who you could mingle with.  The other bars up and down the street still had the mask rules and plexiglass.  Guess who was busy and who wasn't (even some of the lefties are done with this crap).  

It was a breath of fresh air, literally and figuratively...
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#33]
...i think the warmer temps of late are finally tipping the scales, ...more and more sheep ditching masks...  look for mask litter to go up in coming weeks...  

...there will be some holdout karens and such, ..will be interesting to see what's leftover when the tide goes out...
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#34]
@thirsty  You should probably go now that you're free of NY BS.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
[color=#00ff00]...i think the warmer temps of late are finally tipping the scales, ...more and more sheep ditching masks...[/color]  look for mask litter to go up in coming weeks...  

...there will be some holdout karens and such, ..will be interesting to see what's leftover when the tide goes out...
View Quote

I thought that last year at this time too.  

It looks like we're finally done with the masks but I'm also done making predictions.  Many of my fellow citizens are easier to scare than I thought.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@thirsty  You should probably go now that you're free of NY BS.
View Quote

Seems like NY is doubling down. Don’t know why, masks did nothing anyway. Maybe to distract from the fact Cuomo killed 15,000 grandparents in nursing homes with his idiocy.

Anyway, was at the BMV Monday updating my title, registration and license and they said they weren’t enforcing mask mandates anymore.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Anyway, was at the BMV Monday updating my title, registration and license and they said they weren't enforcing mask mandates anymore.
View Quote
That's good news. I've needed to go to the BMV for months to get permanent plates on a "temporary" tag I've had since the middle of last year. (I refuse to deal with "wear your mask inside" BS.) Looks like it might finally be time to pay them a visit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's good news. I've needed to go to the BMV for months to get permanent plates on a "temporary" tag I've had since the middle of last year. (I refuse to deal with "wear your mask inside" BS.) Looks like it might finally be time to pay them a visit.
View Quote
I had to go in to get my "super-license" or whatever they are calling the new one that requires all of your documentation last summer.  I did have to wear a mask but the irony was that it was the most pleasant and efficient visit to the BMV I've ever had.  

I walked up to the front door and a lady took my name and cell number at the door and asked me to wait in the car.  They sent me a text about 10 min later asking me to come in to the building.  I walked right up to the counter and was taken care of.  No waiting in that room with random degenerates and screaming babies.  I hope they ditch the mask policy but keep everything else...
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to continue wearing my mask as I feel that facial recognition. Is far more dangerous to my safety than my comfort.

A friend of my posted a infographic from Toledo Children's Hospital talking about how children still need to wear masks.....  Good luck telling my 6 year old she has to continue wearing a mask.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#40]
...sitrep for this week so far:

• went into Lowes w/out mask: zero problems, ..even think a few employees were maskless as well!

• went into a Penn Station w/out mask: zero problems

• went into eye doctor office w/out mask; eye doctor actually "thanked me" for not wearing a mask!  

...we're winning...   dewine (and future governors) are neutered...

...plus i've been red-pilling the hell out of everyone i talk to, they're sick of Dewine and his mandates; I tell them the legislature overrid his veto of SB22 back in Mar, and 90 day grace period from them is 1000% why Dewine is letting go June 2nd...

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Hardly anyone, including staff, had them on at Lowe’s and Home Depot in Centerville today.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#43]
The day this was  announced mask wearing dropped by  75%.

By last weekend  it was just down to doomers.

I am going to openly ridicule the shit out of them for the rest of their lives. I've  been the nice guy my entire life but no more.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I live in Columbus and stopped wearing a mask on May 14th, when most retailers dropped their mask policies.  I'm vaccinated and trust the science, but I have many liberal friends who are also vaccinated, but still wearing masks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The day this was  announced mask wearing dropped by  75%.

By last weekend  it was just down to doomers.

I am going to openly ridicule the shit out of them for the rest of their lives. I've  been the nice guy my entire life but no more.
View Quote

I walk in the local park most mornings here on the near-west side of Cleveland.  I still see a handful of people wearing masks and some of them appear to be in their 20's.  The only thing that I can think of is that the masks have become almost like a security blanket for some that they are reluctant to abandon.  They have become the proverbial talisman that will protect the wearer from harm.

I never wore  a mask outdoors, even when Mumbles-Jackson had his order requiring them whenever outside of the house (before DeWine's order took over).  I don't mock people who were more worried than I was about the virus, but I just don't understand the lingering attachment to the masks.  At this point if someone is really that scared I'm guessing they've also been vaccinated.  If that is the case why keep with up the masks (honest question not mockery).  
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If that is the case why keep with up the masks (honest question not mockery).  
View Quote

According to my liberal fiends:
- Concern over variants
- They liked that they had no illnesses at all while wearing masks
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

According to my liberal fiends:
- Concern over variants
- They liked that they had no illnesses at all while wearing masks
View Quote

Thanks, the first one I'll give them but I'm a bit skeptical of the validity of the second statement.  To be clear I'm not skeptical that they told you that, just that they didn't get any sicknesses in that time because of the masks.  My suspicion is that if they didn't get sick it was more accurately the result of drastically less time spent in public settings and far less social interaction in general.  

Whatever though, they have a right to their opinions.  I could care less if they want to keep wearing masks indefinitely as long as I don't have to participate too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
 I could care less if they want to keep wearing masks indefinitely as long as I don't have to participate too.
View Quote

That's the same point I made to them:  Feel free to continue wearing masks for your personally-held opinions, just don't advocate I do so, too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Fauci's emails are out, ...he himself was telling people in his inner circles that store-bought masks will not stop viruses (they are much too tiny), ...so, that would also imply your homemade underwear mask isn't going to work either...  

...to the tyrants and the karens, ...i could recite the familiar saying "i hate to say i told you so", ..except that i don't "hate" doing so...  keep suffocating yourselves for absolutely no positive effect (probably negative effects, respiratory, nuerological)  

schadenfreude can be wonderful...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top