Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2021 2:41:32 PM EDT
Hello. The wife and I are teaming up with our close friends to head through the Heber/Park City area and then head into Orem and maybe East SLC. NY is still crazy with COVID and getting crazier. We have state road signs with messages saying to "mask up" and "COVID is still here" and they're ramming it down our throats. I'm just wondering what the status is out and around there. I live pretty rural in NY and you obviously notice the jump once you head into any higher populated areas with the hysteria. Are there mask mandates everywhere? How are restaurants with this mask requirement?

We are going to be out exploring and hiking, so I'm hoping the majority of folks won't be too fanatical. Obviously, you can't control the people there on vacation, but how are the native Utah folks with this. Liberals here are already double masking.

Any input is helpful. Cheers and thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
There is some mask craziness in Salt Lake City/County, however the Utah State wide mandate for masks ends on April 0th thanks to Gov. Cox.  If you are looking for a permanent residence I would advise against East Salt Lake. That is pretty much a liberal bastion , but I'm sure that coming from NY it would appear pretty mild in comparison.  Park City pretty expensive, you'd better off in the Heber Valley.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
@out4trout , @1387Delta Thank you, much appreciated. We've been giving Heber City some hard thought and pretty sure we'll pull the trigger around there. We're doing some scouting with a Marine buddy. The wife and I are definitely looking to move out of NY ASAP. We currently have a farm in WNY, with a decent chunk of acreage. I'm wondering how hard the transition will be... Looking forward to making the switch from whitetail in fall to elk and muley though. I've been out to Salmon River, ID for the past 4 years for elk and really am enjoying it.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top