User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vim:
Apparently 61% of Colorado's fatalities are from nursing homes and senior care centers.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/05/13/coronavirus-deaths-nursing-homes-meatpacking-colorado/
View Quote

And I bet 38.xxxxx% of the 39% who weren’t were either old people not in homes or younger people with comorbidity.

We’ve known for months that the survival rate for relatively healthy people under 60 is over 99.5%.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's an article that talks about where we are now and adds some projections.  I found the way they broke it out by age interesting, as it seems to provide data that would support an age-based caution/distancing policy.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/05/26/coronavirus-modeling-september-peak/
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It is hard for me to believe any of the models as they have been so wrong for so long it is amazing that the modelers still have jobs.  I can see being off by 5-10%, but they were way off and that is with stuffing the mortality rate by combining the 'died with covlid' and the 'died because of covoid' groups.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It is hard for me to believe any of the models as they have been so wrong for so long it is amazing that they modelers still have jobs.  I can see being off by 5-10%, but they were way off and that is with stuffing the mortality rate by combining the 'died with covlid' and the 'died because of covoid' groups.
View Quote

I don't disagree.

I found it interesting because Polis is the kind of guy who provides data to support his policies.  The fact they're now breaking it out like this and talking about age-specific policies seem to hint -- to me at least -- what future directives/guidance might look like here.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is hard for me to believe any of the models as they have been so wrong for so long it is amazing that the modelers still have jobs.
View Quote

I think the same about the people in the weather forecasting profession....
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is hard for me to believe any of the models as they have been so wrong for so long it is amazing that the modelers still have jobs.

They can always apply for one of Polis's new $20/hr Contact Tracer work-from-home gigs they'll probably roll out this summer.

I pity you guys behind enemy lines in Denver/Boulder, the Karens are going to make your lives hell.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They can always apply for one of Polis's new $20/hr Contact Tracer work-from-home gigs they'll probably roll out this summer.

I pity you guys behind enemy lines in Denver/Boulder, the Karens are going to make your lives hell.
View Quote

Yes, Co would be a much better place without Denver/Boulder, FoCo isn't far behind.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
We really are in a bubble in GJ.  No plague cases at present.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy crap. My pic got meme'd

Achievement unlocked?

No Rona cases at PVHS. w00t.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope...I fibbed.

One rule out and one positive admitted last night.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s probably because you have a poor understanding of how weather forecasting works.

“70% chance of rain” doesn’t mean “it’s going to rain”.

Meteorologists aren’t telling you what’s going to happen, they forecast possibilities.

As an aside, five day forecasts are about 90% accurate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ll bump this back up.   We are seeing a small surge in the Rona here in GJ.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe we will see another stay home order sometime in the next month or two.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Seeing a few more positives with symptoms, but no new ICU worthy patients.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
We have 9 hospitalized here in Mesa.  One death .
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Seeing a few more positives with symptoms, but no new ICU worthy patients.
View Quote

You guys figure out a better treatment regimen than venting? Thought I read more DRs are treating as a blood disease.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll bump this back up.   We are seeing a small surge in the Rona here in GJ.
View Quote
Not to worry my friend.  Emperor Polis has suspended alcohol sales after 10pm.  Things should be fine soon.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]
smartest virus ever, can even tell time.

plus of course, makes the bodies just disappear.  I mean, all the cashiers at the stores, DRT, the bodies in the streets and schools and church's, but no, the virus just makes them spontaneously combust.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#19]
We're taking our annual month long trip to Co. soon. I'm hoping we'll avoid any issues with masks, stuff being closed etc. We almost decided to pass this year but we're forging ahead. Staying in a small RV park between Monarc and Poncha Springs. Pretty area there and it'll be a bit different than our past trips. Just relaxing and getting out of the Texas heat. Some fishing and sightseeing. I'm sure napping will be involved.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We're taking our annual month long trip to Co. soon. I'm hoping we'll avoid any issues with masks, stuff being closed etc. We almost decided to pass this year but we're forging ahead. Staying in a small RV park between Monarc and Poncha Springs. Pretty area there and it'll be a bit different than our past trips. Just relaxing and getting out of the Texas heat. Some fishing and sightseeing. I'm sure napping will be involved.
View Quote

There's a stage 2 fire ban for most of the state. Be aware!
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top