Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2020 2:11:31 AM EDT
Here it comes!

TL;DR one person from Hillsborough and one from Manatee tested "presumptively positive" for the wu-flu. Governor has issued an EO declaring a public health emergency and will speak in Tampa and Miami on the response tomorrow.

@Miami_JBT - you were talking about FL gun laws in a state of emergency in GD the other day, no? Do you know if a public health emergency triggers all that stuff about no more gun or ammo sales, or is there a distinction between this and something for actual unrest where it'd arguably be more appropriate?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Brandon Costco still had toilet paper and cases of water on Sunday, I seriously doubt it will be like that later today.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brandon Costco still had toilet paper and cases of water on Sunday, I seriously doubt it will be like that later today.
View Quote
My wife was planning her twice a month trip to Costco this week, will give her a heads up on things, thanks.
Anybody out there know the area where the infected person is at in Hillsborough County?
Would be great to know to see if others have been exposed or at least we can avoid the area.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Wally World in Wesley Chapel had plenty of food and water as of 10PM yesterday. Might poke my head in a couple stores after work today, will report on any chaos and tribulation I see. Haven't heard any office scuttlebutt about it so the herd at large may not be on alert yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Anybody out there know the area where the infected person is at in Hillsborough County?.
View Quote
I think the person is at Tampa general based on the off hand information I read online.  I read it about a week ago now.

The person from manatee is at doctors hospital right off 75 in Sarasota.

I bet we have tens or hundreds of cases in the area by now but people think it's just the flu.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Tampa general? Great. I work in a building with probably 1000 other people downtown and can see TGH from the parking garage. I'll let you know what it's like after i catch it from one of these work-til-you-die lemmings who comes in coughing and sneezing all over the place
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think the person is at Tampa general based on the off hand information I read online.  I read it about a week ago now.

I bet we have tens or hundreds of cases in the area by now but people think it's just the flu.
View Quote
My son is a nurse, glad he is not at TG.
So where in the county does the person live, anyone know?
It would be great to know if the rest of us might have come in contact with the person infected.
I wish them all the best but this kind of info needs to be out there ASAP.
We don't need a name or address, just places they have been and general area they live.

I just read where the person in Hillsborough County is a 20 yr old who at this time has been confined to her home.
Still doesn't tell us shit about places they might have visited around here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My son is a nurse, glad he is not at TG.
So where in the county does the person live, anyone know?
It would be great to know if the rest of us might have come in contact with the person infected.
I wish them all the best but this kind of info needs to be out there ASAP.
We don't need a name or address, just places they have been and general area they live.

I just read where the person in Hillsborough County is a 20 yr old who at this time has been confined to her home.
Still doesn't tell us shit about places they might have visited around here.
View Quote
Then her mom sister,boyfriend comes over.
Because the term quarantine is lost on some....rinse repeat...and we now have zombies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont panic people. 99% of people who get this wont require hospital care. Do you remember the bird flu panic? Now H1N1 is a common strain of yearly flu that is diagnosed every season in every city and county in America! Unless you plan to lock yourself in your home for the next couple of months you will be exposed more then you even know. Case in point when someone with flu like symptoms calls 911 we show up at their home with 4-6 people. We are all in their home getting them ready to go to the hospital. Yes we might be wearing a mask and we will slap one on them (if they will wear it. Most won't) and off they go to the hospital in the box. Meanwhile the fire engine crew will go outside take that mask off and go to publix for lunch. So we have just walked into their home with those germs on our boots, clothing, ect. My point is nurses, doctors, emts, firefighters, emts, paramedics are not going to go through full hazmat wash downs with clothing burns between every patient. Just the way it is fellas that's why outbreaks happen and are unstoppable.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Stopped by a publix out of curiosity. Saw one guy walking out with about 8gal of water but nothing unusual otherwise. Shelves had a couple sparse holes. Just another boring Monday.

I used it as an excuse to justify stocking up for about a month, because I've been meaning to try and run a surplus like that anyway. Other than that I'll just sanitize more and see if I can get $5000 for the 2-pack of N95 masks I found in the garage to buy the panic dip
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m honestly surprised it’s in Tampa before Miami or Orlando.

Too close for comfort.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Then her mom sister,boyfriend comes over.
Because the term quarantine is lost on some....rinse repeat...and we now have zombies.
View Quote
Yes, that's what will happen.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dont panic people. 99% of people who get this wont require hospital care. Do you remember the bird flu panic? Now H1N1 is a common strain of yearly flu that is diagnosed every season in every city and county in America! Unless you plan to lock yourself in your home for the next couple of months you will be exposed more then you even know. Case in point when someone with flu like symptoms calls 911 we show up at their home with 4-6 people. We are all in their home getting them ready to go to the hospital. Yes we might be wearing a mask and we will slap one on them (if they will wear it. Most won't) and off they go to the hospital in the box. Meanwhile the fire engine crew will go outside take that mask off and go to publix for lunch. So we have just walked into their home with those germs on our boots, clothing, ect. My point is nurses, doctors, emts, firefighters, emts, paramedics are not going to go through full hazmat wash downs with clothing burns between every patient. Just the way it is fellas that's why outbreaks happen and are unstoppable.
View Quote
No panic here, would just like to be informed so I can protect my family and myself.
As far as preps go I have been ready for that  for several years.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:52:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks. Three things stick out at me: first, that would seem to prohibit even licensed CCW during a state of emergency, except in case of mandatory evacuation order. I feel like that's all just a mish-mash of laws that were never reconciled to one another... Have you ever gotten any guidance on enforcement, or is that one just at the discretion of whichever LEO you find yourself dealing with?

Second: sale of ammo is prohibited, but purchase is not, so online orders still appear GTG. Since I doubt the AG is frantically sending letters telling online sellers to stop displaying ammo in FL I can't imagine they'd go after anyone who wasn't shipping in entire pallets for some nefarious purpose or something.

ETA: Are those automatic provisions only triggered if a sheriff or city official declares an emergency in their jurisdiction per 870.043? One could read that the governor's state of emergency is distinct from that narrower definition from the way that's presented.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
umm. Details? I was at TGH recovering from surgery on Wednesday morning when the doctor explained to the person in the bed next to me that they had coronavirus. As best as I could tell, the doctor also said it was not the Wuhan one. I had been out of surgery for 14 hours at the time and had not been given any painkillers or anesthesia as far as I know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I work at a dealership working on customer cars all day, makes me feel really safe when I woke up with flu symptoms this morning. Downing Dayquil on a regular basis now hoping to feel better.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I work at a dealership working on customer cars all day, makes me feel really safe when I woke up with flu symptoms this morning. Downing Dayquil on a regular basis now hoping to feel better.
View Quote
Try being a service technician for in house repair work.........
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm working in a different condo every day. My clients come from all over the country and bunch of metric yankees and euro trash. Plus my nieces and nephews bring home new and interesting diseases every week. Pretty sure I'm immune to everything.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm working in a different condo every day. My clients come from all over the country and bunch of metric yankees and euro trash. Plus my nieces and nephews bring home new and interesting diseases every week. Pretty sure I'm immune to everything.
View Quote
Same here, but multifamily housing.
Whats funny is nothing but Asians are calling in work. Lol.
Were all gonna die lol.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Stopped by Wally World on the way home, no indications of neckbearding in progress but plenty of signs that it had already happened. Food looked OK but bottled water was starting to suffer. All bleach, masks, and rubbing alcohol was gone. Paper goods were hanging in there but people had made a noticeable dent. Very few nitrile gloves left. It'll be interesting to see how the weekend looks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
It IS just the flu.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 6:13:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It IS just the flu.
View Quote
In the big GD ...a posters gf/wife is a nurse who works ER.
Tested positive for C19..week ++...after a patient with it.

Little bit more than " just flu ".
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly. People really need to stop panicking. People who eat right and stay healthy will be fine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FL Dept. of Health states two died in Florida. One in Santa Rosa County and another in Lee County.

Florida Governor Reports 8 Residents With Coronavirus

Two patients in Broward County test positive for novel coronavirus, state officials say

Official FL Dept. of Health update.

2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
as of 9:57 p.m. ET 3/6/2020

Positive Cases of COVID-19
6  Florida Residents
5  Florida Cases Repatriated
1  Non-Florida resident

Deaths
2  Florida Residents

Number of Negative Test Results

Number of Pending Testing Results

Number of People Under Public Health Monitoring
278  currently being monitored
1010  people monitored to date

People Under Public Health Monitoring: The number of people under public health monitoring includes those at risk of having been exposed to COVID-19 who are monitoring their health under the supervision of public health officials.

Florida Cases Repatriated: The United States Department of State officially coordinated the return of a person living in Florida to the United States and those persons are isolated at a federally designated site until healthy. A repatriated case is when the United States Department of State officially coordinates the return of a Florida resident to the United States.

Presumptive Positive: A Presumptive Positive is when a state health lab has a positive test without CDC confirmation.

Confirmed: A Confirmed status is given when the Presumptive Positive sample is then confirmed by the CDC.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But this is just the flu bro. Miami wouldn't cancel two major festivals and lose millions of dollars. Oh wait....

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2020 CONFIRMED CANCELED

Miami's Calle Ocho Festival has been canceled because of coronavirus fears
View Quote
Bike week must go on.......
Then Orlando has thier version....
$$$$$$$$
But the show must go on.

Normally ill try to catch a concert ,but me and the wife have decided we may just go camping instead.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Not shit about this volusia case.
They wont say where she traveled or what city she's from.
But every article after saying that goes on about
" with thousands in daytona for bike week, no changes or closures have been announced......... "
Wtf.

I bet she's from daytona..
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#35]
New yorker down for bike week just popped positive,  isolated in st.johns county.....
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
as of 7:46 a.m. ET 3/10/2020

Positive Cases of COVID-19
14 – Florida Residents
5 – Florida Cases Repatriated*
1 – Non-Florida resident

Deaths
2 – Florida Residents

Number of Negative Test Results

Number of Pending Test Results

Number of People Under Public Health Monitoring
319 – currently being monitored
1161 – people monitored to date

Positive Test: A positive test is when a sample sent to the state health lab comes back positive for COVID-19.

*Florida Cases Repatriated: The United States Department of State officially coordinated the return of a person living in Florida to the United States and those persons are isolated at a federally designated site until healthy. A repatriated case is when the United States Department of State officially coordinates the return of a Florida resident to the United States.

Negative Test Result: A negative test result is when a sample sent to the state health lab comes back negative for COVID-19.

Pending Test Result: A pending test result is when a sample sent to the state health lab has not been declared positive or negative at the time.

People Under Public Health Monitoring: The number of people under public health monitoring includes those at risk of having been exposed to COVID-19 who are monitoring their health under the supervision of public health officials.

Florida Residents Diagnosed in Florida

County

Sex

Known History of International Travel

Manatee

Male

No

Hillsborough

Female

Yes

Santa Rosa

Male

Yes

Broward

Male

No

Broward

Male

No

Lee

Female

Yes

Lee

Male

Yes

Charlotte

Female

Yes

Okaloosa

Female

Yes

Volusia

Female

Yes

Manatee

Female

Yes

Broward

Male

No

Volusia

Female

Yes

Broward

Female

No
View Quote
Why is Broward listed 4 times?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#40]
A 68 year old male resident of Seminole County has now tested positive as well. This case is travel related although WESH2 does not say where he traveled.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I still cannot believe what a big deal people are making over this thing.

It’s a cold with a higher probability of pneumonia.

If you aren’t overweight and unhealthy or a great grandfather you’re fine.

This week has been nice as the amount of tourists have dropped dramatically and there is ample parking and not so many people around.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#42]
As of last night Palm Beach County has one...............came in on Jet Blue
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It’s a cold with a higher probability of pneumonia.

If you aren’t overweight and unhealthy or a great grandfather you’re fine.

This week has been nice as the amount of tourists have dropped dramatically and there is ample parking and not so many people around.
View Quote
That's the positive for some of us with this media hyped crisis! I have my wife calmed down since she keeps hearing all kinds of things from her friends who watch the news a little too much. This virus is what liberals have been waiting for (anything that can hurt the economy in an election year) and they're going to milk it for all it's worth. I tried watching one of the big networks the other day and it was nonstop corona virus coverage!!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a cold with a higher probability of pneumonia.

If you aren't overweight and unhealthy or a great grandfather you're fine.

View Quote
Bet your a " that fucking hurricane aint gonna hit here.." guy to...lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Ran by the local Walmart again to watch the madness unfold. Food was generally varied and available but significant holes were opening up in bread, some canned stuff, and a couple other misc places. Apparently everyone plans to fight off the virus by mummifying themselves in Charmin and eating a quarter ton of ramen. Bottled water was 65-80% gone, though the baby section seemed to have plenty. Paper towels and TP were about 95% out. All sanitizer and bleach was gone except a couple spray bottles of Clorox that the mob must've mistaken for window cleaner or something. I've noticed an interesting theme of people missing stuff because they hunt by container shape and don't actually read the label...

Mood in the store was calm and cordial but everyone seemed a bit on edge. I'll be glad to skip grocery shopping for a while at least.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Pensacola has cancelled all permitted events that draw 500 or more.

So much for my BBQ competition next weekend
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Need help from the FL HTF folks.

What is the status of stores and supplies in the Orland and Kissimmee areas currently? I see that Disney is closing as well as Universal Studios. Have other smaller attractions followed suit?

Trying to make some prudent travel decisions by mid-day today.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#49]
@Miami_JBT

I appreciate the update.

Hopefully some others can chime in here shortly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Need help from the FL HTF folks.

What is the status of stores and supplies in the Orland and Kissimmee areas currently? I see that Disney is closing as well as Universal Studios. Have other smaller attractions followed suit?

Trying to make some prudent travel decisions by mid-day today.
View Quote
Not o-town.
But volusia/lake
Basic shit is flying off shelfs.
Rations Tp,tissue etc at dollar generals,publix, and im sure wally mart.
4 days ago..all sanitizers gone.
Meds vitamins picked through and low stock.
Plenty of beer booze though lol.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top