Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2020 7:49:50 PM EDT
I think concerning the Coronavirus  in the USA we are at the top of the first inning.

It seems this virus with a fourteen day incubation period, during which time the individual carrier is spreading the virus has the possibility of spreading wide and far.  Just one carrier can spread this virus to multiple individuals.  Health concerns are serious and quite possibly the spread speed could be significant.

Should a worst case scenario develop, some sort of federal/state mandatory isolation/quarantine would be imposed.  A reliable source tells me that the federal government has informed the state  agencies/municipalities they would be given a ten day quiet period prior to declaring a national emergency. After this time frame, the Feds would allow a sixteen hour time span to all individuals to position themselves at their final destination.  After this time frame a complete quarantine will be enforced. I must say I do not fully understand the meaning of this order.

This post is meant to alert our arfcom members what the possibilities are. No alarmist intent meant, but be prepared just in case.

Wuhan does have a biological warfare facility. Coincidence? Hopefully not.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they do.
And they're hiring!
Lol.
http://www.whiov.cas.cn/105341/201911/t20191118_5438006.html
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  More concern about DemoRATS taking my guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.  More concern about DemoRATS taking my guns.
View Quote
Agreed!

Are there any confirmed cases in NJ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Our department and OEM went crazy during the Ebola scare; lots of safety briefs, powerpoint training classes, new SOP's and manuals, etc.

This Coronavirus thing? Not one peep.

I wouldn't worry about it and just continue to maintain good hygiene practices like not touching your face, washing hands often, using disinfectant on everything you might touch, and move away from communities that eat domestic animals.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tomorrow night there is an exercise in the EOC of our Burro. <-- See what I did there?
View Quote
Was going to ad, it's already been addressed, as far as what will happen if it gets to that.
ie: deployment of agencies, teams etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Any weakening from zero prospects?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Listening to Fox Business news this morning, they said that a ten pack box of 3M N95 mask was selling for $500.

Common sense dictates we will have the outbreak here in the USA. The media is feeding the frenzy, what they fail to say is that the seasonal flu kills 30,000 Americans on an average per year.

In MHO, between this weekend and next we will know which way it's going.

Does anyone think we will be placed in some sort of quarantine?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#11]
A hop, skip and a jump from my town.

Coronavirus: Suspected case at Bayshore Medical Center in Holmdel

HOLMDEL  A patient with a suspected case of the coronavirus is being treated at Bayshore Medical Center, according to the hospital.
"Please rest assured that our health care team is taking every precaution in caring for this isolated patient and determining an accurate diagnosis," the hospital said in an email to its clinicians on Friday from Dr. Jerry M. Zuckerman, vice president of Infection Prevention and Control for Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center.

"Led by our Infection Prevention team, they are working with New Jersey's Department of Health in accordance with protocols provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control" Zuckerman wrote.

He said the hospital on North Beers Street had initiated the following protocols:

Isolation of the patient.
Use of dedicated equipment and appropriate personal protective equipment.
Visitor restrictions.
Proper management and disposal of all materials associated with treatment.
View Quote
Over the past several weeks, at least 22 residents of Monmouth and Ocean counties have been quarantined at their homes, following their return from places where there have been outbreaks of COVID-19, according to authorities.
The measures have been strictly precautionary as no one in quarantine  in either county  had shown symptoms of the disease as of Wednesday.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Never mind.

Test results came back negative for the individual in New Jersey who underwent testing, the state Department of Health reported late Saturday. There are no other people in New Jersey who are currently diagnosed with the disease or awaiting testing for the virus that causes COVID-19.
View Quote
link
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#14]
In MHO the Who is worthless, they are more a political branch than a world wide watcher of communicable deseases.

Here is a link which shows the rapid increase of the COVID-19 virus.  You need to refresh the website often in order to see where the new cases are popping up.

http://outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com/home.php#

We have no idea where this is headed, however common sense practices associated with the virus should prevent an interruption to our everyday lives. Become aware of not touching your face with your hands, having the virus on your hands does not contaminate the individual. But when you touch your face you now have provided this virus with a way to get into you body.  Disinfectant wipes should be found in everyones vehicle and used as soon as you get into the drivers seat.

Become consciously aware of not bringing you hands to your face and when you see a family member doing so, jump on them and point it out!

Be conscious and remain safe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

been watching, but not too overly concerned as my health is overall good with no preexisting conditions. anyway, if it's my time, it's my time.......
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#16]
It's here. Pretty much confirmed at university hospital in Hackensack.

Dude supposedly was in contact with the guys in NYC who had it. He's from Fort Lee.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Treat this thing like the FLU, practice better then usual hygiene, and be mindful when you are in heavily asian/chinese populated areas.  Sounds kind of shitty singling out a group but this thing started in China so that's where it's going to get it's legs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Treat this thing like the FLU, practice better then usual hygiene, and be mindful when you are in heavily asian/chinese populated areas.  Sounds kind of shitty singling out a group but this thing started in China so that's where it's going to get it's legs.
View Quote
That is no longer the case, the Covid-19 is now among the general population.

I think this "panic" is totally unnecessary.  Common sense hygiene practices should keep one flu/C-19 free, be aware of not touching your face, keep your hands clean and if you use disinfectant wipes let your hands dry by themselves.

The media is driving this panic.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#19]
What I am not seeing in the reports of deaths from this are the particulars about the decedents. Ages? Medical histories? AIDS? Chemotherapy? COPD? As we all know, compromised immune systems due to the aforementioned factors leave one vulnerable to death from many causes. The media seem to portray this virus as something that will kill a healthy young person as quickly as anyone else.  I also suspect that the media is trying to whip up a frenzy they can somehow blame on Trump.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got this in a text from a nurse that works in one of the hospitals. She's concerned.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#21]
So, tonight our president addresses the nation regarding Covid-19.

What will he say?
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It won't matter, he's the Debil. MSM is gonna shit bury him no matter what.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, tonight our president addresses the nation regarding Covid-19.

What will he say?
It won't matter, he's the Debil. MSM is gonna shit bury him no matter what.
For sure, but the MSM has very little credibility unless you count that 33% of moonbats that hate our fantastic president and swallow all the BS from MSM.

In a crisis like this one, a complete shutdown is the safest and quickest way to get the situation under control, take the economical (GDP) hit and move on. I personally think his address last night was too weak.

This is what I have been told via a reliable source.

When the time comes, the Federal government will inform the state governments that a national emergency will be declared in ten days. This is to give state and municipalities  time to work on how they will deal/contain/enforce whatever it is they have to do in order to diminish "community spread". After the ten day period is over, state officials will inform their citizens that they have sixteen hours to get to their final destination where they will be quarantined.  I do not claim to know this for sure but that is what I have been told.

I'll confess, I have been ready for something like this since Barry Sotero's 2nd year in office.  Today I received many text messages from various contacts informing me that their local supermarkets were inundated with shoppers, various BJ's and COSCO stores were experiencing a "run" on goods.  I equate those idiots with the 33% of moonbats (sheeple) that believe the MSM.

Keep your hands clean and do not touch your face.

Be safe.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#24]
To be honest I am not concerned at all. Statistics show I am more likely to die from a thousand different things besides the virus. I'm a low risk candidate.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To be honest I am not concerned at all. Statistics show I am more likely to die from a thousand different things besides the virus. I'm a low risk candidate.
View Quote
Good for you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#26]
6 Months from now ,I'm going to go back to read all the comments.

You either have to be arrogant or live on a 1 man island not to have any concerns about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#27]
My department has instituted a no visitor policy,  reports will be taken in the lobby not in the report writing room, police response to EMS calls will be limited, no one allowed in Communications unless you work there, our court is closed until April 6th as of now, we have cancelled RPO qualifications that were due to start.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#28]
No, I am not concerned. I believe the danger to those in good health is overblown. Those in danger are seemingly the very elderly with other medical conditions and younger people with compromised immune systems. These are prety much the same people in danger from the flu.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#29]
When will Murphy declare a statewide shutdown, it seems like it will begin in Bergen County since presently that is the largest hotbed in the state.

National Guard AND FEMA tents at PNC Art Center and Bergen Community. Boots on the ground tomorrow.

IMHO, NJ as well as other states have begun a slow rollout on various fronts, this will escalate slowly as the virus demonstrates that the only way to stop its spread is by isolation of individuals.

If you watched the governor's press conference he mentioned the "eight pm to five am curfew as well as the request not to be on the roads between the same time frame.  He deflected the question of enforcement to the rep from the State Police.  I believe the trooper said the driver would get a warning first followed by a second warning, however he left the final action blank.
If I am wrong please correct me, the only way to enforce a mandated and enforced shut down is if the federal government declares Marshall law.

We will know very soon.

Ready for incoming
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]

I read some where that Corona beer is changing their name to:

EBOLA beer.

I have been amazed about the lack of concern for this pandemic on njarfcom.  Either folks were caught by surprise or they were way ahead of the curve on this one.

I think the former.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top