Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2021 4:48:32 PM EDT
Any Illinois FFL get contacted by a contractor for the ISP?  I did and I was told ISP hired 5 retired LEO to help with the mess they created with the new laws in regards to the FFL business versus the FFL resident.  I was then asked if I would reply to his email about not using my FFL which I have not since 2019.  I am waiting for the email.  The person does check out as a former retired LEO.  I wonder if this has anything to do with my inability to log into my FOID/CCL account.

The contractor told me over 1200 FFLs did not apply for state certification.  Interesting I guess they want to try and get them licensed for the fee.  

Feel free to send a message if you have any questions about my conversation.

Best,
PCmangler
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they have contracted retired LEO to help with site visits for FFL's.  The new FFL law is stupid and redundant and only designed to get full reporting of all gun sales and run businesses out of business.  The costs to "implement" stupid in the state will far outpace the income.  But, it is all the cost of living in this sinkhole of a state!
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Interestingly enough he knew how many transactions I did and that had not done any since 2019.  That would not be hard info to find since I had to call ISP for verifications. What a shame.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder how many of those retirees were former Chiefs and how many were from CPD or C(r)ook County. Not that they'd be biased in any way, of course.
View Quote

I was contacted by retired LEO from Rock Island.  He said the state contracted 5 retired LEOs to help kitchen table FFLs to navigate the state license.  I asked if the language could change in the future.  I got the as of now the price of a state license for transfers only is 300.00 and if you sell it's 1200.00. After 3 years it drops in price..  However, that could change.

So, today's law could basically get new and improved language (sarcasm)  The thing I found interesting was the state would be authorized to do audits with unarmed inspectors.  He emphasized this "unarmed" word to me..

I thought there was a class action lawsuit against the state and the way Pritzker passed this without specific language.   I once did business with dems and Republicans. The dems now ask me why I no longer do gun transfers.
My reply is your vote caused me grief and I am at a loss as to why you voted for the sob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top