Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2021 7:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller]
Let me preface this by saying, I know it probably doesn’t help. I’ve been dealing with NFA items since 2005 and have never contacted my federal representatives about it.  I’m just wondering if anyone from Louisiana has ever contacted Kennedy or Cassidy’s offices and asked them to check on a lingering NFA submission and had any luck or did they not even understand what you were asking them to do? I envision spending 30 minutes explaining NFA regulations to a summer intern who’s  just there to answer the phone. Higgins is my Representative, I know he’s pro 2A and may be the better route to do something like this. Anyway just wanted to see of anyone else has ever done it and if anyone else has a lingering submission from 2020?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I can help here.

I submitted an inquiry to Kennedy's office via his website. I got a call back from Emily that same day. Needless to say I was surprised. I spoke with her and she acted like she knew exactly what I was talking about and had dealt with it before.

She sent some paperwork for me to fill out so she could asked the fbi and atf question on my behalf. I found out that although I was delayed, I was cleared the very next day, which leads me to think the other RP on my trust is the issue.

She is also waiting to hear back from the atf. I'm a little over 5 months since submitting my eform 1. 8 months of you count the pending research phase.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
8 months and counting  for an EFile Form 1??…Jesus, I never had one go past 30 days. Thanks for the reply and information. Since posting this my dealer called and he received a “correction letter” from ATF examiner regarding my HK sear Form 4. They don’t accept multiple calibers listed on the Form 4 anymore. The upside is, it’s being worked on and should not be much more than another 3 or 4 weeks hopefully.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I know right? We've never had issues in the past so idk what the deal is. Hoping to get approval soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top