Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2023 12:32:43 AM EDT
Don't know if he still does, but there was a guy that sold brass at the shows. Had a banner with a rooster on it, I think. I'd like to get ahold of him, going to move and need to dump a bunch of brass. Nothing too exciting, just need to get ready for a move and I don't really have the patients to sell it all 1 bag at a time.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Don't know if he still does, but there was a guy that sold brass at the shows. Had a banner with a rooster on it, I think. I'd like to get ahold of him, going to move and need to dump a bunch of brass. Nothing too exciting, just need to get ready for a move and I don't really have the patients to sell it all 1 bag at a time.

Thanks,

View Quote

Don’t recall. One big dealer paid scrap or less and charge half again more for it than market value.

In general, common cartridge brass sells for about 1.25 to 2x scrape value depending on cartridge and if it is cleaned. Those are your 9, 40, 45, 223 and 308 cases. In bulk and mixed head stamp, it goes on the low end of that scale.

Just sell it on NW firearms forums as a lot for a price per pound you want to get, obo. I have bought bulk lots of brass there several times. You will likely get a little more for it and they will show up to get it. It is also easy to advertise and price by pound.

Another option is donate it. Many gun clubs use the funds for junior programs or offset operating costs. Depending on your tax situation this can be an easy option that still has some monetary benefit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top