Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2022 3:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
Recent news seems to indicate that RI Legislature is amenable to Voter input as regards Anti-Gun Bills.

This means that YOUR personal e-mail/letter/phone call to YOUR RI State Senator and Representative is crucial.

Make certain to mention if you are their Constituent, and you are watching their actions.

If you happen to be a Constituent of any of the House/Senate Judiciary Committee members, you have greatly added influence, so please Do Not Fail to contact your Sens/Reps. and mention that you are their Constituent.

If you happen to be a Constituent of any of the House/Senate Leadership Teams, you also have greatly added influence.

Our Governor also needs to hear from all of us, since enacted bills need to be signed into law by him.  Suggest we all make out viewpoints respectfully known to our Governor.

Contact info available at https://rifol.org/findlegislators.php

IMHO, this is the EXACT time to make our viewpoints respectfully known!  Suggest we all POUND them, day after day. Their office people take note of number of contacts pro/con.  Let's make sure we we overwhelm the well-organized opposition!

Your personal liberty is at stake.  Do you want to become an "Instant Felon"?

If not, then write some e-mails to the right people.

MORE is better.  Too much is not enough!
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
How are you guys making out?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
How are you guys making out?
View Quote

Not good, it looks like they are going to try and use this act of evil to their advantage.   Guys this is it!  Contact your reps ASAP
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit ‘em hard!! Email and call the shot out of em
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#4]
Just spent this morning e-mailing the RI House and Senate Leadership Teams, the RI House and Senate Judiciary Committees, and my personal Senator and Rep.  All this info on RI Legislature site

Suggest that you all do the same, and ASAP.  Contact the Governor, as well.  Governor

It is possible that the Senate will be a roadblock, but only if the Leadership sees some push-back against the Antis.

There is no time to lose, and none of us should take anything for granted.

Please do it NOW.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
We’re being sold down the river RAF

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/31/rhode-island-gun-control-legislation-gun-reform/9966603002/
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
We're being sold down the river RAF

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/31/rhode-island-gun-control-legislation-gun-reform/9966603002/
View Quote

Maybe, but it's not over till it's over.

Now is NOT the time to be discouraged.

Strongly suggest contacting all suggested Legislators and persuade then to not pass these bills
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By raf:

Maybe, but it's not over till it's over.

Now is NOT the time to be discouraged.

Strongly suggest contacting all suggested Legislators and persuade then to not pass these bills
View Quote

Done that almost everyday since Texas, can’t even get one to write me back.

I’ll be at the rally, your right it’s not over yet
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Came across this from Rep. Chippendale :

"This is long, but it may just be the most in-depth look into the way the RI legislature operates, and what is about to happen with the gun control bills this year than anything you've ever read. It is WELL WORTH your time to read this entire thing  and it is well worth your time to take action knowing what you will know after reading this. (Also, I cuss in this missive, so if that offends you  don't read it.)
This is it. This is the big push. The final breath. The last hurrah. The 2nd Amendment in RI dies this year.
This is where we're headed as we approach the end of Rhode Island's 2022 Legislative Session. My anti-American colleagues  who have an utterly embarrassing lack of understanding of our republic, the people who created it, and what our constitution actually means, have been submitting legislation for years that effectively makes it impossible to freely own a firearm, are on the cusp of victory. They are about to eliminate the 2nd Amendment in this state.
These shameless political whores are using the massacre of 19 grade school children to promote their anti-American agenda to eliminate the 2nd Amendment, and the morally weak, pathetic Rhode Island Democratic party is making it all possible.
Let me be clear about something here. Let me be very fucking clear  THERE ARE NO PRO-GUN DEMOCRATS  PERIOD. NONE. NUNCA. NIENTE. NEIN. ZILCH.
I don't care what their party says. I don't care what they themselves say, and I don't give a flying fuck what the NRA says  THERE ARE NO PRO-2ND AMENDMENT DEMOCRATS IN RI.
Sure, there are conservative Democrats  there are Progressive Democrats, but all of their loyalties lie with the Democratic party and the POWER that it affords them in this state. And their loyalties lie with the PARTY  NOT the people. They give lip-service to their "Pro-2ndAmendment" constituents, but when the rubber hits the road  they fold like a $2 T-shirt.
Here's where we are;
The communist wing of the RI Democratic Party,      the Progressives - are seizing this opportunity as the people of Texas mourn      the loss of their children to RAM through the most insane package of bills      that are solely designed to eliminate private firearm ownership in our      state.
In order to accomplish this, the Progressive      Democrats have "thrown down the gauntlet" and last week threatened the      Speaker of the House that "if he doesn't pass their anti-American Gun      Legislation, they will vote against his budget."
For those not intimately familiar with the      legislative process in RI, and the Democratic machine that controls that      process - the budget vote is THE MOST IMPORTANT vote to the Speaker of the      House. It's the most important because a large percentage of the      absolutely horrendous policy that we create every year is hidden inside      the budget. It's where the special      favors are buried. It's where the "gifts" to political friends are buried. It's also where the "presents" to "well      behaved members" of the House are buried. In other words  it's the one bill passed each year which      ingratiates the Speaker of the House with greatest amount of the pure,      unadulterated power that he has to control the entire state of Rhode      Island, the entire House of Representatives and the direction in which our      states moves.
When the so-called "Conservative Democrats" heard      of this play by the Progressives, they too considered throwing down the gauntlet      with the opposite threat  "If you PASS these bills, we won't support your      budget Mr. Speaker." Unfortunately,      when they got together as a group  they realized that if they took this      approach, they would potentially miss out on all of THEIR OWN candy that      is hidden in the budget, and their own special bills to help their towns,      and their own special treatment as "part of the team." Being a Democratic "Big Wig" is FAR more      important to the "conservative democrats" than being a "man of the people."
Why is the "budget vote" even relevant to the 2nd     Amendment issues? Because the budget      is THE MOST IMPORTANT vote of the year. How is voting against the budget a threat? Because the budget MUST      pass with a 2/3 majority, which is 50 members  so 26 "NO" votes on the      budget will stop it from advancing. This is catastrophic to the incumbency      and power of ANY Speaker of the House.
There are 10 Republicans who will typically vote "NO"      on the budget. The Progressives      believe that we will be a solid "NO" vote, and if they find 16 members      that will form a coalition, they can "Bust the budget." That is their leverage over the Speaker.
HOWEVER, if the so-called "Pro-Gun" Democrats had      the actual guts to do what they say they believe in, and team up with the      Republicans  WE CAN STOP THE BUDGET. If we can stop the budget  we can      control the bills that come out onto the floor.
Here's the reality of it though  the "Pro-Gun      Democrats" aren't about to lose out on their candy for the 2nd Amendment. We've already seen how unserious they      are about standing their ground.
Let me give you a real-life example of just how dedicated these "conservative Democrats" are to their stated positions versus their voting positions. We had a bill to "Codify Roe v Wade" in front of us a few years ago. The same Democrats that say they are "Pro-2nd Amendment" also have said they are "Pro-Life." However, despite years and years of filling out the RI Right to Life questionnaire as "Strongly Pro-Life", and despite years and years of cashing the checks from all the Pro-Life campaign donors out there  THEY FOLDED AND PASSED THE BILL TO ENSHRINE ABORTION. It doesn't matter where you stand on that particular issue  you simply need to look at their words and their actions. They said one thing, and they did the opposite in loyalty to the party machine.
The same thing is happening right now with the 2nd Amendment. These cowards in the "conservative Democrat" wing are going to FUCK you like a prom date.
They fill out the NRA questionnaire every year with the "right answers." They HAPPILY accept your checks to their campaigns, and they cash them and spend them. Occasionally they also vote against gun bills. But it's all a farce  it's a charade. They care more about their power than your rights.
"But Chip, they are going to vote against the gun bills, how can they be lying to us???" you may ask.
Here's how; Yes  they will vote against these bills. Yes  they will speak out against these bills on the House Floor. Yes  They will even put in legislation that will do what NEEDS TO BE DONE including school security, police presence at schools, etc. But those bills won't pass, and even if they do  you will still be bound to the insane level of gun control that is about to pass.
Here's how they are being deceitful to you and completely FUCKING you  they have the power to STOP these bills by ACTUALLY living through on their threat to block the budget. However  they won't do it. Why? Because their "standing" in the Democratic Party and their ability to bring home "Candy" to their districts is FAR MORE IMPORTANT TO THEM than your stupid 2nd Amendment.
Yes  these democrats will stand up on the Floor and give impassioned speeches against the bills. Yes  they will vote against these bills. But in the end  these bills will pass, while these same democrats have the POWER to stop them, but don't have the guts to do so.
This is the bottom line  the difference between these obscene bills becoming law and going by the wayside is the "conservative Democrats." If these Democrats TRULY believed in the 2nd Amendment the way they claim to when filling out the NRA questionnaire, and when they are cashing the campaign donations from you and the NRA  they would use EVERY TOOL available to them to stop these bills. The SINGLE MOST EFFECTIVE way to stop these bills is to threaten their budget vote. But they won't do that. When the rubber hits the road, these cowards will ALWAYS vote in their own interest over yours.
ALWAYS.
If you are going to make an attempt to stop these bills by reaching out to your Representative - you need to THREATEN THEM. This is the language of politics. Threats and consequences. You need to tell them in no uncertain terms; "You have the power to stop these bills with your budget vote. IF you vote FOR the budget  even if you vote AGAINST the gun bills  YOU WILL BE TREATED AS IF YOU VOTED IN FAVOR OF THE GUN BILLS. You have the power to stop this, and you have had no problem enjoying our voting and monetary support during election season. Now we need you to stand up for us and vote AGAINST the budget and STOP THESE BILLS."
Let me be clear  Anyone who votes in favor of the House Budget  EVEN IF THEY VOTE NO on the gun control bills, has looked you in the eyes, taken your check, taken your support, and then FUCKED YOU as soon as you turned around.
You're not going to get this much honesty about the legislature and the issue inside that building that you have right here.  Believe me when I tell you that every single thing I have written here is the truth. You can choose not to believe me, you can choose to listen to the NRA and the other people telling you that we need to support these "Pro-Gun Democrats"  but in doing so, please know that you are actually working against YOUR OWN interests.
Tell the Democrats  "If you vote for the budget and against the gun bills  you have betrayed me, and my vote in September and November will reflect this."

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I send emails and make calls . . .
Mostly get a "I'm too busy for your shit" response , sometimes I get a response like , well basically fuck you , and rarely a response in support of the fact that R.I. does not have a gun problem and they will fight against any further laws - I hope there are enough of them that will though . . .

Meanwhile they are going to make it so our tax $$ pays for abortions and make it so that wellness products will be difficult to purchase over the counter . . .

Our state is such a waste of time and $$ on such the wrong shit . . . I tell all of them that however "fuck you" is how I feel they see us - their agenda and the $$ they rake in are apparently much more important .

' We , The People ' need to get real loud real quick or we are all seriously fucked moving forward .
How though is the question . . . ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top