Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2019 7:08:57 PM EDT
They’re running a hand wringing piece about a bill that was introduced that would allow carry and purchase without a permit.

Does anyone know who this Zach Fox guy is that is saying you’re not responsible enough to exercise your rights without taking one of his classes?
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Found this on google for Zac Fox. Maybe it’s the same one. I didn’t catch the WHO segment. I do plan on watching the KCCI segment at six tonight.

Fox Shooting Sports
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I found him on FB and left him my thoughts. I’ll have to flip to KCCI and see how they cover it.

WHO was very concerned and found their token gun business owner.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to know more about his military background.

Will watch the pieces later.

ETA:
Fucking scumbag said it here
Iowans need to pass an online or in-person training course to get the permit. Zac Fox, owner of Fox Shooting Sports, says if that goes away, there will be more untrained Iowans who can carry a gun.  "I'd love to say people will get training, but they won't if they're not required to," said Fox.

Fox, a retired combat veteran, says about 75 percent of those who take his courses do so to get their carry permit.

"Any tool that you use, you need to have some form of education on the matter to use it with respect and to use it with safety. It's hard for me to keep calm because of the gravity of the situation," said Fox.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucking puss deleted my post from his page.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/foxshootingsports/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0
View Quote
Not only did he delete your post, he deleted his "hey, look at me, I'm going to be interviewed as the token gun guy!" post.

Fuck that asshole.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not only did he delete your post, he deleted his "hey, look at me, I'm going to be interviewed as the token gun guy!" post.

Fuck that asshole.
View Quote
Hopefully some feedback from others helped him to see the light.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I just heard about this on the Omaha news- is there a realistic chance of it passing?

Iowa as a constitutional carry state would be fantastic!

ETA KETV story
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just heard about this on the Omaha news- is there a realistic chance of it passing?

Iowa as a constitutional carry state would be fantastic!

ETA KETV story
View Quote
Doesn’t sound like it.

That sheriff sounds like another idiot. You still have to fill out a 4473 without a permit dummies...

This used to be a pretty active forum, there were a few members that were pretty keen on legislative happenings, but this place is pretty dead now. Don’t know if people moved on or were banned.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm shocked they didn't get an expert opinion from Jack Smith.

Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Just in casual conversation with colleagues who aren't gun people, I think the constitutional carry proposal is on thin ice.  Even among some gun people support is tepid.  If we get this through it is going to be by the narrowest of margins.  No guarantee the Governor will sign off either.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive debated posting this but figured i would share to add to the conversation about this guys character.

I was a prior police officer in des moines and had a run in with this guy.

He went to the VA in des moines and we recieved numerous complaints about a rifle in his car infront of one of the patient buildings.

The VA is federal property and having a firearm or knife over 3" is a big no-no.

Anyways, when we arrived onscene, there was an ar15 style firearm sitting on his front passenger seat in plain view and unsecured.

Long story short, after arguing with me for a bit, he had to move the vehicle off VA property, was advised of the law and rules about federal property, and that his firearms could of been seized and he would of had to go to court to get them back.

I was kind enough to drive him back to the building he was at. During the drive he was apologetic and thanked me for educating him.

Find out later this guy gives ccw classes at bps in altoona and told a story about an incident at the VA. Continued to bash the dsm and va police for not knowing the law and that he educated the cops on concealed carry that day.

So, if you didnt already know, this guy is a grade A.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just in casual conversation with colleagues who aren't gun people, I think the constitutional carry proposal is on thin ice.  Even among some gun people support is tepid.  If we get this through it is going to be by the narrowest of margins.  No guarantee the Governor will sign off either.
View Quote
That’s not surprising. I think it’ll take a few years to educate the gun community on what a bill like this means.

Clearly there is some confusion out there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ive debated posting this but figured i would share to add to the conversation about this guys character.

I was a prior police officer in des moines and had a run in with this guy.

He went to the VA in des moines and we recieved numerous complaints about a rifle in his car infront of one of the patient buildings.

The VA is federal property and having a firearm or knife over 3" is a big no-no.

Anyways, when we arrived onscene, there was an ar15 style firearm sitting on his front passenger seat in plain view and unsecured.

Long story short, after arguing with me for a bit, he had to move the vehicle off VA property, was advised of the law and rules about federal property, and that his firearms could of been seized and he would of had to go to court to get them back.

I was kind enough to drive him back to the building he was at. During the drive he was apologetic and thanked me for educating him.

Find out later this guy gives ccw classes at bps in altoona and told a story about an incident at the VA. Continued to bash the dsm and va police for not knowing the law and that he educated the cops on concealed carry that day.

So, if you didnt already know, this guy is a grade A.
View Quote
Nice.

As a vet, I’m so glad I don’t have to sit through a damn class. I can only handle so much Velcro and beardy tactical shit before I want to vomit.

Everyone should have that same choice too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm shocked they didn't get an expert opinion from Jack Smith.

View Quote
Is he still around?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is he still around?
View Quote
Not sure, but I haven't heard a peep out of him for years.  That's just fine with me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I took the class that Fox offered at Sportsman's Warehouse. Felt dumber after the class, also felt sorry for the people that also took the class and believed what he was saying. The guy actually removed his loaded sidearm during class, unloaded it and used it for demo. Reloaded it and holstered it again. He bad mouthed a certain State Trooper to no end and mocked all the local PD. Chastised those that would carry outside the waistband and spent more time on where to apply for your permit than actually discussing the laws. Oh, he really hit upon how great a hero he was because he served in the military. He actually said this "I figure if I can train those stupid ragheads, I should be able to train ......" That's where he caught himself and said.... "pass on my training and skills to you"

MY wife was not impressed with him at all, we ended up taking a class at Central Iowa Impact in Boone, far more professional and knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I took the class that Fox offered at Sportsman's Warehouse. Felt dumber after the class, also felt sorry for the people that also took the class and believed what he was saying. The guy actually removed his loaded sidearm during class, unloaded it and used it for demo. Reloaded it and holstered it again. He bad mouthed a certain State Trooper to no end and mocked all the local PD. Chastised those that would carry outside the waistband and spent more time on where to apply for your permit than actually discussing the laws. Oh, he really hit upon how great a hero he was because he served in the military. He actually said this "I figure if I can train those stupid ragheads, I should be able to train ......" That's where he caught himself and said.... "pass on my training and skills to you"

MY wife was not impressed with him at all, we ended up taking a class at Central Iowa Impact in Boone, far more professional and knowledgeable.
View Quote
The quality of classes varies widely, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I think he took over the training at Fleet and Farm or had his info there? They used to use Equip2Conceal IIRC.

Back before shall issue passed in 2010 there were a few instructors that had a monopoly on training with some sheriffs who would issue permits IF you took their class. Those "instructors" of course, threw a fit and came out against shall issue when they realized they were in jeopardy of losing their gig. They had the same arguments, and were, of course, the only one professional enough and qualified to give the needed mandatory training. PPl always get stupid over issues when money is involved.

I moved to AZ a couple years ago to take a job and the gun culture down here is really prevalent. Open carry here is absolutely no big deal and very accepted. There are very few gun "accidents" and the shootings that you do hear about are usually gang related down in PHX.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You’re in Arizona...I thought you were moving to Idaho?
View Quote
I found a good job down here and it is warmer. There are also a lot fewer crazy separatist wackos
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top