Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2022 12:03:00 PM EDT
I am terrible at law verbiage and was hoping that someone could help decipher where we're at with this for SC, please? Link provided below.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess124_2021-2022/bills/3096.htm

If I am understanding correctly (towards the bottom of the page) it appears that this bill just needs to be signed by the governor and then it's GTG? Is that accurate? Or is it just not going anywhere for other reasons? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that is the one that died last year as it was never brought up for the Senate to vote on it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
That doesn't mean it was "denied" necessarily though, right? Just put on the back burner, so to speak?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
No another bill would have to be introduce. Once a bill dies in one session it can not be carried over to the next.

Basically the Statehouse gave up on Constitutional Carry in favor of open carry for permit holders.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
NY and CA will get constitutional carry before SC does.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
We've got too many low IQ 'tards on both sides.  

Side note, I still haven't noticed anyone open carrying, not that I've been paying attention or been in that many public places; I am running low on mouthwash, toothpaste and soap so maybe time for my three or four times a year trip to hellmart.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
What few people I've seen open carrying are using snatch-able kydex holsters at 4 O'clock. One person is someone I know...someone who damn sure should know better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah okay. Thank you for the clarification. That's a bummer it died. Ah well. CCW still works so that's fine.

I've yet to see anyone open carry either, but like above, I don't go shopping much these days so I'm just not running into many people beyond my own neighborhood, typically.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, open carry makes people give you the leper treatment. The only problem with the retention holsters is taking them off to go into a NPE. They are made not only to keep the pistol inside but also to keep the holster in/on the pants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top