User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol, Florida with CC?

You have to be 21 to buy semiauto rifles there and they have waiting periods on handguns
View Quote

Took my beating above.

The CC bill was defeated in 2020.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Took my beating above.

View Quote

Hate to see it but they're trending the opposite direction on this issue.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Took my beating above.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, Florida with CC?

You have to be 21 to buy semiauto rifles there and they have waiting periods on handguns

Took my beating above.

Both houses in Florida have Republican super majorities and the Speaker of the Senate killed Constitutional Carry in Florida.

Ask Miami_JBT what a shit show Florida is, he is the GOA state rep and was not allowed in the Capitol, do you  Covid.

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#4]
CC is too big a move for them right away - they need to focus on open carry first, which shouldn't be that hard of a task if they bill it as a defense against inadvertent exposure.  Plus can reference Texas who's had it without any issues.

Removal of waiting periods should be next - compare Florida crime rates to Texas and see if there's any difference - doubt it, so why have it in practice, not a law by thought exercise of someone seeing their spouse loving it up and running off to buy a gun to shoot them up.

Then campus carry, going up against the powerful college cartels, who often bribe legislators by letting their C student kids into schools (UT had a scandal about this a few years back). But again, Texas can be used as a example, not these foolish thought exercises of "what if someone gets a D on his exam and then shoots the place up?".

Get those in place, as Texas has done, and then push for CC.  But it's out of order to put for that if you still don't have the above changed first.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
CC is too big a move for them right away - they need to focus on open carry first, which shouldn't be that hard of a task if they bill it as a defense against inadvertent exposure.  Plus can reference Texas who's had it without any issues.

Removal of waiting periods should be next - compare Florida crime rates to Texas and see if there's any difference - doubt it, so why have it in practice, not a law by thought exercise of someone seeing their spouse loving it up and running off to buy a gun to shoot them up.

Then campus carry, going up against the powerful college cartels, who often bribe legislators by letting their C student kids into schools (UT had a scandal about this a few years back). But again, Texas can be used as a example, not these foolish thought exercises of "what if someone gets a D on his exam and then shoots the place up?".

Get those in place, as Texas has done, and then push for CC.  But it's out of order to put for that if you still don't have the above changed first.
View Quote

The problem is that the late of gun rights in Florida is not the DUMBocrats doing it, it is RINO Republicans that don’t like guns. Other problem is Marion Hammer, that bitch is not only the NRA lobbyist but also controls the Florida Sportsman the same as our TSRA. She refuses to do anything pro-gun.

The Florida legislature is refused to allow the GOA lobbyist from even entering the Capitol.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Joe Moody can go fuck himself lying on CNN about Felons be able to carry under Constitutional Carry. The cocksucker needs to go back to work passing voter ingenuity.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The problem is that the late of gun rights in Florida is not the DUMBocrats doing it, it is RINO Republicans that don’t like guns. Other problem is Marion Hammer, that bitch is not only the NRA lobbyist but also controls the Florida Sportsman the same as our TSRA. She refuses to do anything pro-gun.

The Florida legislature is refused to allow the GOA lobbyist from even entering the Capitol.
View Quote

Yep, she needs to retire.  What is it about folks from the NRA that hold onto their positions years after they've stopped being effective.

Only way to get the R's attention is to tell gun owners to stack arms at the next election.  Go to the range on election day, not the pols.  Trim the R majority down for an election - not so much as to give the Democrats control of anything, but show that gun owners can not vote same as other's can too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep, she needs to retire.  What is it about folks from the NRA that hold onto their positions years after they've stopped being effective.

too.
View Quote

It is money, Marion Hammer the last I heard was $200,000 just to be the NRA lobbyist and doing nothing. She runs the Florida Sportsmen with an iron fist so who knows how much she gets there. Now that $200,000 is what the NRA reports. She has built herself into a major power in the NRA, to the point WLP bends a knee to her. Back in the mid 90’s when a group of us were trying to get NRA grassroots organized in California and around the rest of the country Marion Hammer just about shut everything involving grassroots organizing down.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Educate me why she is that powerful that no one can do anything to her?  
 Does she have the support from some big money players?  NRA is no longer that powerful, yet she still control Florida Sportsmen?  
 It seems to me people like her or WLP and the likes have used NRA to enrich themselves and make $$$ from both side of the aisle.
View Quote

Which, to be fair, is standard practice for non profits.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Does she have the support from some big money players?  NRA is no longer that powerful, yet she still control Florida Sportsmen?  
 It seems to me people like her or WLP and the likes have used NRA to enrich themselves and make $$$ from both side of the aisle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is money, Marion Hammer the last I heard was $200,000 just to be the NRA lobbyist and doing nothing. She runs the Florida Sportsmen with an iron fist so who knows how much she gets there. Now that $200,000 is what the NRA reports. She has built herself into a major power in the NRA, to the point WLP bends a knee to her. Back in the mid 90’s when a group of us were trying to get NRA grassroots organized in California and around the rest of the country Marion Hammer just about shut everything involving grassroots organizing down.

Now the NRA is still a good cash cow, between their training programs, their matches, range insurance, their media arm of magazines and TV shows. All are pretty popular. They ever have a good sway over moderate gun rights voters. The NRA has a large list to send orange cards to plus the magazines to get voters to the polls.

IMO WLP owes a lot of his long tenure to Hammer, after Neal Know tried to force WLP out of the NRA and open the books of the NRA. Hammer was one of the organizers to cut Neal Knox off from the NRA.

The NRA can make or break a candidate in a close race, while groups like GOA are much more grassroots in knocking on doors for candidates. Both have an effectiveness one requires money for mailings, yet grassroots volunteers knocking on doors are more likely to sway the unsure voter.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Any word on when the governor will sign HB1927?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any word on when the governor will sign HB1927?
View Quote

Was just doing a search on HB 1927, still nothing yet. I did send a message to please let me know when he was planning on signing. Hope to hear something soon.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Something tells me this is going to be a goatrope of epic proportions.

WHAT DO THE NEW TEXAS 30.05 SIGNS MEAN?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJjQmgELxc
View Quote

More like a porcupine sex party. It will ruin many lives via lost jobs, financial disasters, child services interventions, lawsuits and more and more and more. The guy IS right about one thing though. No more lawyers in political offices. This could have been SOOOOOOOO simple but nooooooo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Most people who make Youtube videos shouldn't. 30.05 signs have been around for a long time. The Texas Hall of State at the State Fair in Fair Park has been posted 30.05 for at least 15 years, and probably since CHL in 1995. Never stopped me from carrying concealed as it is not posted 30.06 or 30.07 because it is government owned premises anyway.

Easy summary:
30.05 - no unlicensed carry of a firearm
30.06 - no concealed carry of handgun by license holder
30.07 - no open carry of handgun

Why write something so simple, when you can blabber on Youtube for 7 minutes.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Most people who make Youtube videos shouldn't. 30.05 signs have been around for a long time. The Texas Hall of State at the State Fair in Fair Park has been posted 30.05 for at least 15 years, and probably since CHL in 1995. Never stopped me from carrying concealed as it is not posted 30.06 or 30.07 because it is government owned premises anyway.

Easy summary:

View Quote

Money.  YouTube pays less for shorter videos, as shorter videos generate less ad revenue.  The damnable issue is that blabbering YouTubers keep making videos b/c people keep watching them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is this retard an attorney? I would rather get opinions of laws from real attorneys. Texas Law Shield has been putting out some decent information to there members.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder what's taking so long? I'd have figured they'd have a big 2A-themed ceremony where he signs all of the 2A bills and maybe a few others in one sitting, with lots of press. Something to grab the headlines from De Santis...

I wonder if the Democrats' walkout shenanigans last weekend threw things off?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder what's taking so long? I'd have figured they'd have a big 2A-themed ceremony where he signs all of the 2A bills and maybe a few others in one sitting, with lots of press. Something to grab the headlines from De Santis...

I wonder if the Democrats' walkout shenanigans last weekend threw things off?
View Quote

Abbott is pretty busy actually doing things like calling a special session to handle redistricting and clean up a few bills the DUMBocrats fucked up. Then dealing with the border that Pedo Joe and the Ho turned into a shitshow.

I have been checking couple times a day for Abbott’s bill signing, and will let you know when it is. Abbott has vetoed only one bill this session, and he has said numerous times he will sign it. He had been signing over 40 bills everyday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks, Don.
 Well...To me, NRA is just another swamp out of many swamps that needs a good cleansing.
 NRA is just like many other organizations.  Initially, the organization was established for the good of movement/members--NRA, the union, etc...  Now, they are just a tool for the top people in the organization to manipulate for their own endeavor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is money, Marion Hammer the last I heard was $200,000 just to be the NRA lobbyist and doing nothing. She runs the Florida Sportsmen with an iron fist so who knows how much she gets there. Now that $200,000 is what the NRA reports. She has built herself into a major power in the NRA, to the point WLP bends a knee to her. Back in the mid 90's when a group of us were trying to get NRA grassroots organized in California and around the rest of the country Marion Hammer just about shut everything involving grassroots organizing down.

Now the NRA is still a good cash cow, between their training programs, their matches, range insurance, their media arm of magazines and TV shows. All are pretty popular. They ever have a good sway over moderate gun rights voters. The NRA has a large list to send orange cards to plus the magazines to get voters to the polls.

IMO WLP owes a lot of his long tenure to Hammer, after Neal Know tried to force WLP out of the NRA and open the books of the NRA. Hammer was one of the organizers to cut Neal Knox off from the NRA.

The NRA can make or break a candidate in a close race, while groups like GOA are much more grassroots in knocking on doors for candidates. Both have an effectiveness one requires money for mailings, yet grassroots volunteers knocking on doors are more likely to sway the unsure voter.

Thanks, Don.
 Well...To me, NRA is just another swamp out of many swamps that needs a good cleansing.
 NRA is just like many other organizations.  Initially, the organization was established for the good of movement/members--NRA, the union, etc...  Now, they are just a tool for the top people in the organization to manipulate for their own endeavor.
It has fallen to the Iron Law of Bureaucracy. That is when the existence of the organization is more important than the mission of the organization.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why does this dickhead have a Biden for President sticker on the front of his gun safe ? ? ?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Most people who make Youtube videos shouldn't. 30.05 signs have been around for a long time. The Texas Hall of State at the State Fair in Fair Park has been posted 30.05 for at least 15 years, and probably since CHL in 1995. Never stopped me from carrying concealed as it is not posted 30.06 or 30.07 because it is government owned premises anyway.

Easy summary:

View Quote

you forgot the signs under 46.03

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It has fallen to the Iron Law of Bureaucracy. That is when the existence of the organization is more important than the mission of the organization.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is money, Marion Hammer the last I heard was $200,000 just to be the NRA lobbyist and doing nothing. She runs the Florida Sportsmen with an iron fist so who knows how much she gets there. Now that $200,000 is what the NRA reports. She has built herself into a major power in the NRA, to the point WLP bends a knee to her. Back in the mid 90's when a group of us were trying to get NRA grassroots organized in California and around the rest of the country Marion Hammer just about shut everything involving grassroots organizing down.

Thanks, Don.

The NRA has only been involved really with politics since 1968, before that it was more concentrated on firearm safety classes (to at least have ground floor for training), sanctioning matches and range insurance.

It was politics that let the NRA pull the scare people in there fund raising. Then again the Democrats give the NRA plenty of ammunition to use for the fund raising.

In the ‘90’s I knew you had to have very honest people running the NRA, not people not trying to get rich off of scaring people. I was a big supporter of Neal Knox and his wanting to audit the NRA books to see where all the money was going.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#26]
The problem was corrupt(ible) people wanted power and Knox was in the way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why does this dickhead have a Biden for President sticker on the front of his gun safe ? ? ?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16397/BidenJerk_JPG-1965675.JPG

View Quote

Because leftists have posed as pro-2A in larger numbers lately.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16397/BidenJerk_JPG-1965675.JPG

That is why I said why are you guys listening to the retarded asshole?

Most everyone running their cock holsters on YouTube about Texas Constitutional Carry have been wrong. The assholes with ‘oh, Constitutional Carry is dead’ after the Senate passed it out with different amendments. Fuck them, it was just a tiny road block that we got fixed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone else getting antsy with the delay in signing it?

I know it will be law if he doesn't but this delay is irritating. Plenty of time to line up the cameras and crowds. Or maybe he did and I'm way out of date.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I know it will be law if he doesn't but this delay is irritating. Plenty of time to line up the cameras and crowds. Or maybe he did and I'm way out of date.
View Quote

Not at all.  Abbott would specifically have to veto it for it not to become law, and he's said (multiple times IIRC) that he wants to sign it.  If he doesn't sign a bill but doesn't veto it either and just does nothing, it still becomes law.  Pocket vetoes don't exist in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not at all.  Abbott would specifically have to veto it for it not to become law, and he's said (multiple times IIRC) that he wants to sign it.  If he doesn't sign a bill but doesn't veto it either and just does nothing, it still becomes law.  Pocket vetoes don't exist in Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just have patience, the dude has been pretty busy week. With the border, DUMBocrats running out the door.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

LTC 4TW.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where would we be today if Knox had won?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully not in the cesspool we are currently in. Wayne and company wasted no time changing the bylaws so that he and the executive board could not be voted out by the rabble.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

LTC 4TW.
View Quote
I've never had a Texas LTC. I will when this bill is law. I have my reasons.

I see no point to delaying signing it regardless.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He’ll take his time and he’ll sign it.
 Remember...:He fucked up during pandemic and Texans pissed at him.  If he wants another term as governor, he’d better sign it.
View Quote

BINGO
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I see no point to delaying signing it regardless.
View Quote

There is no point in signing it. It becomes law the same day whether he signs it or not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Just using bill numbers as a guide, there must be hundreds of bills to sign.  And with this being the last session before the election for governor, he and his office want maximum exposure and political gain for each group of bills (pro-gun bills, pro-life bills, school bills, etc.).

So lots of coordination needed to have all the relevant parties invited and in attendance.  Plus no real-time hurry.  

It’ll get signed, hopefully at a nice signing ceremony with the GOA crew and main legislative movers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There is no point in signing it. It becomes law the same day whether he signs it or not.
View Quote

But lots of political benefit to signing it, so he will.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
See that part in my first post that acknowledged this fact? I understand that if he kicks rocks for another week it will be law regardless, but I will be pissed if he doesn't personally sign it

maybe it's just me
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
See that part in my first post that acknowledged this fact? I understand that if he kicks rocks for another week it will be law regardless, but I will be pissed if he doesn't personally sign it

maybe it's just me
View Quote

No, it's not just you. He said he would sign it, so he needs to sign it. I'm confident that he's planning to do so, and I don't mind being patient, but he damn sure better do it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I heard today he may be planning at least two more special sessions. A lot didn't get done, especially redistricting. The question is, will he clamp down on the Democrats in order to take care of business.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#44]
There was always going to be a special session for re districting.  It’s always a very contentious issue that needs a session just for it alone.

Then another one for election reform and security, plus anything else the Democrats ran the clock out on.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hopefully not in the cesspool we are currently in. Wayne and company wasted no time changing the bylaws so that he and the executive board could not be voted out by the rabble.
View Quote

It was 25 years since the Neal Knox attempted take over and WLP changing bylaws to restrict how people could be nominated to the NRA board, which was done in Dallas in 2018.

I think the NRA would have been a lot better shape under Neal Knox. Having read a lot of his columns and he had a better grasp of politics than WLP and most NRA board members.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

maybe it's just me
View Quote

No I missed it - "I see no point to delaying signing it regardless". Thus implying signing is inevitable, which it is not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No I missed it - "I see no point to delaying signing it regardless". Thus implying signing is inevitable, which it is not.
View Quote
Here's the post that led up to it. We are on the same side here (I think) but damn, I'd hate to think you were against me in this. It's just my opinion and a question.  

"Anyone else getting antsy with the delay in signing it?

I know it will be law if he doesn't but this delay is irritating. Plenty of time to line up the cameras and crowds. Or maybe he did and I'm way out of date"
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

LTC 4TW.
View Quote
Are you an instructor for LTC by chance?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Are you an instructor for LTC by chance?
View Quote

In the beginning yes, but not in last 20 years
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top