Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
As of 10:55am, District 12 State Senator Jane Nelson has not released her position on Constitutional Carry yet. Sounds like she needs a flood of phone calls.

(512) 463-0112
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As of 10:55am, District 12 State Senator Jane Nelson has not released her position on Constitutional Carry yet. Sounds like she needs a flood of phone calls.

(512) 463-0112
View Quote

done and done.  Talked to Katie and she seemed nice enough.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have never seen a group so god damn fucking wrong as the Texas Chief of Police Association. Every dumb ass blood in the streets state they put out has been wrong.

Crime is not about guns, it is about libTARD DA’s and Judges releasing serious criminals back on the streets with very low or no bail. Then they double down on stupid by either letting criminals take of ankle monitors or not requiring them.
View Quote

I'm still waiting on that OCer crime wave they promised would happen
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Or how discussions over the election of 1824, and if Andrew Jacksons was cheated, or if JQ Adams won it fair and square, was going to cause shootouts in American History classes due to campus carry.

I've had my CHL / LTC since they came out in 1995, so I remember the original hysteria of "Shootout at the OK Corral Parking Lot" over the best spots.  Or how you need to avoid the Express Line at the grocery store, as fools would be blasting away over arguments as to if a 6 pack counted as 1 item, or 6.

Leftists have very little impulse control.  So they assume that everyone else is going to do what they would do if they were armed - shoot anyone who upsets them in the slightest way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the LT Gov email address?  I'm sure it's read by a staffer, but still would be good to have a bunch of notes coming in, for them to tally up, and sweat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I emailed our Lt. RINO about his stance of CC. I will donate and campaign against him in the next election if he makes the wrong decision here.
View Quote

I called and reminded his office that I actually worked as Republican Campaign assistant (call from phone banks, putting up signs, ect...) and that if Lt. Gov Patrick back stabs us on Constitutional Carry & Other Gun Rights for Texans, I will actively work for ANY Candidate who opposes him, (even a... Democrat )

For someone who touts himself as a "Conservative" his work on Guns Rights has sucked.  After the Sutherland Springs Church Massacre, he was voicing his support of "Red Flag Laws" & "Stricter Background Checks"...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Jim.  Email sent.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I just sent this to Lt Dan.

Mr. Patrick,

Please review the list of states that ALREADY have constitutional carry. This legislation is not controversial, hell, it’s not even new or unprecedented anymore. We’ve let other states pass us by when we should’ve been leading the charge.

This needs to get passed this session. No more slow walking, no more pandering, no more BS. There’s no reason we shouldn’t already be a Constitutional Carry state, unless you’re not as firm on constitutional rights as you say. That goes for the rest of the “conservative” Republicans in the state as well.

“As of April 6, 2021, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa (effective July 1, 2021), Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only), Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee (residents only; handguns only; effective July 1, 2021), Utah (effective May 5, 2021), Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming do not require a permit to carry a loaded concealed firearm for any person of age who is not prohibited from owning a firearm.”

I look forward to supporting a Pro-2A candidate for Lt. Gov in the next election, and your actions this session will determine if that person is you or someone else.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Patrick is feeling the heat trying to cover his ass.

Abbott has already told the GOA he will sign Constitutional Carry, quit reading these newspapers that lie! Remember these are the assholes that said President Trump was a Russian asset, that he stole the election. Who gets a fuck what stories they put out, or their fake polls of a few hundred Democrats.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's what I wrote:

Dear LT Governor Patrick:

I would like to request your support for HB 1927, Constitutional Carry.  This bill has already passed the House, with bipartisan support, and is currently in the Senate, awaiting a hearing.

20 states currently have Constitutional  Carry, including Iowa and Tennessee who recently passed it into law.  Oklahoma and Arizona have had it for years, without issues, or mayhem in the streets.

I have voted for you 5 times - primary, runoff, and general election in 2014, and the primary and general election in 2018.  I supposed you in 2014 as I thought you were the most conservative candidate running.  

To be honest, your positions on gun rights has been disappointing.  Open and campus carry seemed to pass without your work on the issue, and in 2019 you seemed to support the banning of private firearms sales, and blanket red-flag laws that would allow for firearm confiscation without due process.  Your support for Constitutional Carry, or lack of, will be the deciding factor in my vote in the 2022 elections.

I sincerely hope you decide to get fully behind this bill, and do your part to support this important bill.  

Thanks you.

It's just a tick mark on a yellow pad, for/against something, but we all do what we can.

And yeah, he's trying (like most politicians) to have it both ways.  Have it not pass, as somehow he thinks that will earn him favor with the left or get them to vote for him, while claiming he's working on it, so as not to get the heat from us.

All while claiming he's working to protect our gun rights.

So make it a red line issue - support CC and actually work for it, or troll for other votes next year, as we're done with him.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#16]
And I thought the house was the tougher road.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Texas Lieutenant Governor Message Line: (512) 463-5342
The Texas Lieutenant Governor Office Line: (512) 463-0001

Link to email at bottom of page: https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/
View Quote

worthless phone numbers
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
What's worthless about them - do they not work?  They are from his own web page so you'd think they would work.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's worthless about them - do they not work?  They are from his own web page so you'd think they would work.
View Quote

Same numbers I called. One is message line. The other is the office line. Neither was answered by a real person.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same numbers I called. One is message line. The other is the office line. Neither was answered by a real person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winner Winner

Like I said, worthless
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Sent an email to my Senator.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I would assume a message line would be, well, a place to leave a message.

I doubt any office has as room full of people waiting to answer the phone, like it's a call center.  If there are a lot of calls, it goes over to voicemail.  Same thing happened to the Rep when he tried to put in an Amendment during the 3rd reading - his office lined backed up and went to voicemail.  

Look, even when you talk to someone, it's not like the elected dude is listening in from the other room.  Phone duties are the lowest of the low for an elected officials office - it's where they put the summer interns and new hires.

Either by talking to someone, or leaving a message that gets listened to later, you're a tick mark on a For / Against Constitutional Carry tally that's on some yellow pad.

It does make a difference - more than you think, as about 0.1 percent of the voters ever bother to call.

Keep the calls going, and keep the heat on Patrick.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know Charles Perry's position?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does anyone know Charles Perry's position?
View Quote

Nothing on any websites, but he seems pretty pro-gun on some current statements. If your are a constituent, give their office a call and ask for his chief of staff or 2A staffer. I bet if nothing else you will get a call back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Winner Winner

Like I said, worthless
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winner Winner

Like I said, worthless

It is not worthless, they will have an intern/staffer take down how many are for or against a bill. I have talked to legislators on a bill and asked how many calls for each position. Many times nearly all the calls are one way with only one or two the other and many times none.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I know getting time in front of a US Rep or Senator is pretty tough, but does anyone have much experience getting a face to face meeting with their local State Senator?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.senate.texas.gov/member.php?d=28

Office phone - (512) 463-0128

[email protected]

2nd Amendment contact - Rob Callan

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I know getting time in front of a US Rep or Senator is pretty tough, but does anyone have much experience getting a face to face meeting with their local State Senator?
View Quote

Like most things depends on the Senator.

Right now, during session, is the hardest of all times, as they are very busy.  I've talked to staffers who have been at the Capitol till 11 pm, then back at 7 am.  During the CC hearings, the Reps did an all nighter like the rest of us, then had to come back to the office after a few hours sleep.

I'd aim for their 2nd Amendment staffer, as that's the person working the issue, counting up the number of people for / against CC or the other bills.

Who's your Senator?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Right now, during session, is the hardest of all times, as they are very busy.  I've talked to staffers who have been at the Capitol till 11 pm, then back at 7 am.  During the CC hearings, the Reps did an all nighter like the rest of us, then had to come back to the office after a few hours sleep.

I'd aim for their 2nd Amendment staffer, as that's the person working the issue, counting up the number of people for / against CC or the other bills.

Who's your Senator?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's your Senator?

What works better is a Zoom meeting. I had a 10 minute Zoom meeting with my state senator’s chief of staff this was during the big snow storm. Right now the chief of staff would be in Austin. Their 2A staffer could be in Austin, home office or working from home. Try asking for a Zoom meeting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, those Zoom calls work very well - easy enough to set them up with a staffer, and sometimes the Rep will attend as well, as Rep Paul did on ours.

Sometimes it will seem like you're not getting much response back - but remember, a phone call on a topic puts you in the top 0.1% of the voters, and you have a far oversized impact on things.  On some issues the Rep's vote comes down to something as simple as the number of tic marks for / against on a yellow pad from an intern.  

Keep the heat, emails, and calls up.  Post any questions or need for information you have here, and either me or Don will send those your way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Who's your Senator?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's your Senator?

District 12, Senator Jane Nelson
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#33]
https://www.texastribune.org/directory/jane-nelson/

She won in 2020 62/38 percent - absolutely no reason for her to vote anything expect pro-gun.  She doesn't need the votes of lefitst or can't make up their minder folks in the middle.

[email protected]

(512) 463-0112

2nd Amendment staffer:

Kevin Fletcher

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.senate.texas.gov/member.php?d=28

Office phone - (512) 463-0128

[email protected]

2nd Amendment contact - Rob Callan

[email protected]
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm happy to keep putting out contact info for Senators, but in the mode of teach a man to fish:

You can look up their contact info here, and also find out who represents you if you don't know:

https://www.texastribune.org/directory/#txsenate

This this spreadsheet has contact info as to who's the 2nd Amendment staffer for a rep or senator:

Legislature contact info
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

District 12, Senator Jane Nelson
View Quote

we should have a beer some time.  whilst calling her.  same district here.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Patrick must be getting hammered a lot, phone goes to voice mail.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Patrick must be getting hammered a lot, phone goes to voice mail.
View Quote

If there is one thing I like, it's HAMMERING, so let's keep his phone ringing off the wall on Constitutional Carry.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, keep the heat on.  He's a weasel so they run away from danger.  

No addition of CC so far to Thursday's State Affairs Committee.  If not tomorrow, then they could discuss Monday, when they usually meet.

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/schedules/html/C5702021042211001.HTM
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Good man.  Patty must be sweating it.  Probably hoped we'd all just give up and let him sink CC without having to risk paying a price for it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Texas Lieutenant Governor Message Line: (512) 463-5342
The Texas Lieutenant Governor Office Line: (512) 463-0001

Link to email at bottom of page: https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/
View Quote

Just left another message. Keep hammering!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm calling M - W & F to keep the heat on.

Called to thank my Rep (again) for his Vote FOR HB 1927

Called my State Senator (Larry Taylor) that needs to Step UP on "Constitutional Carry" in THIS Session.

Called to tell Lt. Gov. Patrick he needs to STEP UP on "Constitutional Carry" in THIS Session. - to be honest  THIS is the most worrying as I fear he will Weasel Out as a "Faux Conservative".  The Lt. Gov can kill a bill by his inaction, or advance a bill by his support.   I feel Dan Patrick is a RINO for us when it comes to our firearms rights.

I was completely professional, polite, but made the point that I was a loyal Republican who was expecting to see Republicans supporting Gun Rights for Texans and that THIS is the session for "Constitutional Carry" to happen.

Hammering Away

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Leave a message. It's not worthless. You think someone is going to engage in a debate with you, especially while in session?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winner Winner

Like I said, worthless

Leave a message. It's not worthless. You think someone is going to engage in a debate with you, especially while in session?

Those two numbers are worthless .

Yes, I expect someone to answer the phone just like someone did when I called Senator Seliger office.  I spoke to a staffer for 5 min.  He was cordial and polite.  I thanked him for answering the phone.

So YES, Patrick's numbers are FUCKING worthless.  Yea right, they are going to listen to a VM.  Whatever makes you feel better .
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#45]
One of Lt. Governors lines is an automated leave your comment line.  

the other (0001 number) is a Live Person in the Office (Miss Helen - Very nice older lady).  I've spoken with her several times on my repeated calls to the Lt. Governors office to "Strongly Encourage" Dan Patrick to Advance "Constitutional Carry" instead of ignoring it to die unheard outside the Senate Floor.

If you are getting the recording on the 0001 number, it is because Calls are coming in and they only have so many people to answer calls.  

Keep up the dialing...  You'll get through IF it is important to You!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Called my State Senator (Larry Taylor) that needs to Step UP on "Constitutional Carry" in THIS Session.

Called to tell Lt. Gov. Patrick he needs to STEP UP on "Constitutional Carry" in THIS Session. - to be honest  THIS is the most worrying as I fear he will Weasel Out as a "Faux Conservative".  The Lt. Gov can kill a bill by his inaction, or advance a bill by his support.   I feel Dan Patrick is a RINO for us when it comes to our firearms rights.

I was completely professional, polite, but made the point that I was a loyal Republican who was expecting to see Republicans supporting Gun Rights for Texans and that THIS is the session for "Constitutional Carry" to happen.

Hammering Away

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hammering Away

BIGGER_HAMMER

Patrick is hoping that his supporting Hall’s 2A sanctuary bill, the limiting executive powers and firearms banking bills easy to support bills to try to get him in good graces with gun owners. Now both are good bills, but give us nothing unless shit really starts going wrong like Pedo Joe wanting local leo to seize guns or we get a DUMBocrat Governor like Bob the Fake Mexican and he orders all gun stores, ranges etc closed during an emergency like the pandemic.

Keep calling, send e mails, even start calling into local talk shows. I have done a couple interviews in the past few days, also do not forget, if Patrick fucks us work hard to primary him working for anyone running against him.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#47]
If you are in Charles Schwertner’s district start calling his Capitol office 512-463-0105. Tell the staff that HB 1927 is a make or break for your support of him.

If you are in Donna Campbell’s district contact her Capitol  staff at 512-463-0125. This is another support of HB 1927 is critical support.

Start calling both real hard, both need to support HB 1927 even if not in committee yet. Both are on State Affairs committee.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I hit up Birdwell via email. Being new here (but not to calling my reps) should I call him or is he solid?

If I don’t call him I’ll hit up the governor instead based on this thread.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right now, it is going to be incredibly difficult.  People don’t realize it; but the legislature hours during session are crazy.  There just is so little time when the leg is in session.  The time to get face to face time is during the even numbered years when the leg is not in session.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top