Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Didn't see that coming.

I note that it changes things so firearm on an employer's property is limited to "pistol" rather than general "firearm", meaning you can't have a loaded AR in the vehicle, unless it's a pistol AR with barrel under 12".  If I read that right.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif
Didn't see that coming.

I note that it changes things so firearm on an employer's property is limited to "pistol" rather than general "firearm", meaning you can't have a loaded AR in the vehicle, unless it's a pistol AR with barrel under 12".  If I read that right.
View Quote

From what I understand, and have been told on numerous occasions, being on an employer's property affords you the same rights as if you were on your own property.....as long as the firearm remains inside your vehicle. Your vehicle is YOUR personal property. So the same rights you have on your property where your home is, is the same wherever your vehicle is (in the state of Alabama). Therefore, it is yours to do with as you wish within the confines of the law. So if you're legally allowed to carry a firearm, of any kind, inside your vehicle, then you can do so even at your job; as long as it remains inside your vehicle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:57:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#7]
This is truly amazing.  I know the Sheriff's must be totally desperate at this point.  I wonder if trying to bend Meemah's ear to get her to veto it will be their last gasp effort.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#9]
And the sheriffs keep crying about the lost funds if this happens. But a county sheriff shouldn't ever rely on funds from CCW permits to help them; and be a part of their budget. It's not a guaranteed thing.....like taxes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hillman, though, said he can’t see it advancing out of the House before the session ends in the coming two weeks.

https://www.al.com/news/2021/04/alabama-lawmakers-advance-gun-measures-opposed-by-law-enforcement.html
View Quote

So, smoke and mirrors again?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:07:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From what I understand, and have been told on numerous occasions, being on an employer's property affords you the same rights as if you were on your own property.....as long as the firearm remains inside your vehicle. Your vehicle is YOUR personal property. So the same rights you have on your property where your home is, is the same wherever your vehicle is (in the state of Alabama). Therefore, it is yours to do with as you wish within the confines of the law. So if you're legally allowed to carry a firearm, of any kind, inside your vehicle, then you can do so even at your job; as long as it remains inside your vehicle.
View Quote

Yes but the new law strikes the word "Firearm" from that provision and changes it to "pistol".  Look at page 20 line 1.
https://legiscan.com/AL/text/HB405/2021

Looks like it now reads the only way you can have a rifle is if you have a hunting license, it's hunting season, and it's unloaded (because the right to keep and bear arms is about hunting even for republicans?)

ETA: So no having a rifle stowed in the vehicle to go to the range after work if you're not a hunter during hunting season.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#13]
coyote hunting is 365 days now unless I am mistaken
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top