Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Firearms questions have been answered and I'll second the recommendation to avoid Charlotte and Mecklenburg County all together.

As for signage prohibiting concealed carry, those businesses that do post one usually do not meet the vague definition of conspicuous IMHO. To be honest with you, I don't care if the business is posted or not. Concealed is concealed. The only time I don't carry is if there is a metal detector or they wand you at the door. This is common at bars and clubs after a certain  time of the day.

As for Charlotte, I avoid it like the plague. All the big city crime, traffic, cost of living issues, etc. My wife used to work in Charlotte and lived in Concord. You couldn't pay her enough to move back. Our friend who still works there lives across the border in SC. For her, the 45 minute commute and lower cost of living is worth it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Once you become a resident here, your other state’s permit is no longer valid…unless it’s specifically a non-resident permit. Or at least that’s the way I understand it. Lots of people got a Virginia permit instead.

View Quote

BigWaylon - Can you help me nail down the exact code section that covers this?

OP - If you look at Union Co. (not likely since you're considering the north side), stay away from the west end (Weddington/Waxhaw/Marvin/Etc.). It's super nice, but it's ridiculously unaffordable.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Hop over and join up here
carolina firearms forum

They can give you more details about the area and maybe a lead on a house,(or maybe a glue factory!)
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I just caught horses in your post,   It’s a rich man spot down here.  

If you board be prepared to pay and make sure you go check on the horses everyday.  

It took us about 4 years to find a place that i feel comfortable with the horses being there.  

If you go full board you got make sure horses are fed and they have grass or hay to eat.  Look around 400-600 per horse.  

If you go self board look to make sure they have grass.  

The grass down here don’t have a lot of additives that horses need.  So chances are you will have them on grain plus grass.  

Expect to pay 200-300 for self board .  I lucked out the place we have them now. I’m paying 125 a horse and grass seems to last until November and goes back in March as a average so only couple of months of hail bales.  

Vets and ferries can be very hard to find and usually backed up for months to get appointments.  

If you purchase land expect 2 acres for the first horse and additional acre for each horse after that.  Most land have trees on it down here so you have to clear it, than have to plant grass go to your local farm bureau to see what grass will go for the soil,  it’s mostly coastal here so not a lot of minerals in the grass.  

Land is going up and up especially any size above 10 acres and hint look for over 10 acres you can become a goat farmer or something along that lines and be a farm .  10 acres is the minimum amount under federal law to be classified as a farm .  Forgot trying to be a horse farm it doesn’t fly as a farm under federal requirements.  Tax’s is the big reason why to go the farm way goats are pretty easy to keep.  Once again it’s about tax’s from vechiles  being tagged as farm instead of normal plates is cheapier.  Along with all you can claim as expenses.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think the “problem” is that the issuing state(s) are the ones with the statutes that would determine if the permit was still valid once you’re no longer a resident.
View Quote

If that's the case, then my Virginia permit is still valid. There is no statute in Virginia that revokes a permit if the holder moves away. It'll be valid until it expires naturally. This has been litigated in Virginia by our own John Pierce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top