Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2021 7:38:28 PM EDT
White collar professional from NC contemplating a major move. Wife, 4 kids,  machineguns, mountain bikes, work from home,  1M +/- home budget.
Want good public schools.  Clean up good for fine/trendy dining but feeding family from a drive-thru is not beyond the pale.  Kids play little league and travel baseball.  No family money or trust, just worked hard and built a career.  Mostly stick together being a large family and tend to be our own entourage.  Don't go to church but have values and morals without being self righeous.  Drink a little but that is not my hobby.  Would be a plus to make some like minded connections but still have contact with childhood friends so deep friendships are not essential.  Don't want/need an urban scene nor do i want a full rural experience.  Suburban but with some charm and some room preferred.  Not looking for a red carpet welcome but don't  want to land in the twilight zone.  What says the HT forum?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you want to move to Bedford.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at map don’t move to blue ;-).

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/results/state/new-hampshire
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Or Londonderry
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Derry or Windham too

I know where a house literally in my back yard will be for sale soon..
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Rye, Newington, Stratham, North Hampton, Hampton Falls, Greenland
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Hanover/Upper Valley region also fits the bill.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came here to post that haha.

I grew up there. It's hardly recognizable compared to when I was a kid in the 90s/00s
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
NH is OK if you don't mind all of the hidden taxes along with not much in the the way of night life, fine dining or recreation.
Pizza, and Sub Sandwiches rule!
Five miles of Ocean Coast that has been basically taken over by the thugs from MA.
NH is more Blue than it is Red.
NH has only voted Red twice in the last 40 years.
Both times for the blue blooded Bush Father and Son RINO's.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NH is OK if you don't mind all of the hidden taxes along with not much in the the way of night life, fine dining or recreation.
Pizza, and Sub Sandwiches rule!
Five miles of Ocean Coast that has been basically taken over by the thugs from MA.
NH is more Blue than it is Red.
NH has only voted Red twice in the last 40 years.
Both times for the blue blooded Bush Father and Son RINO's.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Also, NH is not a Right To Work State... "Live Free Or Die" = Words on a license plate only.
If you have time, look up the " Free State Movement " They chose NH.  Funny shit... They're moving to NH, check out what they're moving on.
The issues that matter most, weed among other things.
Lazy Hippies young and old trying to turn NH into southern VT.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
White collar professional from NC contemplating a major move. Wife, 4 kids,  machineguns, mountain bikes, work from home,  1M +/- home budget.
Want good public schools.  Clean up good for fine/trendy dining but feeding family from a drive-thru is not beyond the pale.  Kids play little league and travel baseball.  No family money or trust, just worked hard and built a career.  Mostly stick together being a large family and tend to be our own entourage.  Don't go to church but have values and morals without being self righeous.  Drink a little but that is not my hobby.  Would be a plus to make some like minded connections but still have contact with childhood friends so deep friendships are not essential.  Don't want/need an urban scene nor do i want a full rural experience.  Suburban but with some charm and some room preferred.  Not looking for a red carpet welcome but don't  want to land in the twilight zone.  What says the HT forum?
View Quote

If you have a wife, you are at least 1/2 GTG.  Friends don't let single friends move to NH.

That said, stuff is getting very pricy around here.  One must factor in property taxes to any affordability equation.

All that said, good to have another patriot in the state!  We are open to NC residents but closed to MA residents.

Oh and the previous poster is right on.......
Rye, Newington, Stratham, North Hampton, Hampton Falls, Greenland
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Windham, Bedford or the coast. Peterborough and Lakes Region would work too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#13]
From Manchester, thinking of moving back.

Just kidding, that place is a hell hole.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Kids call Manchester “manchanastan”
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kids call Manchester “manchanastan”
View Quote

Lived there I called it Manchganastan

g/f whom was from there called it ManchVegas

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lived there I called it Manchganastan

g/f whom was from there called it ManchVegas

View Quote
I've always heard it called, "ManchVegas". I do like "Manchganastan" though.

And yes, that's where a lot of the MA diversity imports live.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Well yes, Manchester Mayor Craig?
The Nasty one with the Witches wart on her face had begged the feds for thousands of Somalia Refugees.
Its wish was granted!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top