Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The more I look at the case being heard the in fall, the more I get the feeling it will turn out to be mostly just a disappointment. There was just a report on a case where it appears Roberts may have introduced a new level of scrutiny between Strict and Intermediate called "Exacting Scrutiny". Looks like something "perfect" for them to sidestep Strict Scrutiny on the 2nd Amendment. Then there is still fact that the case is really about May Issue vs Shall Issue. The only difference I can see coming about without a hell of a lot more litigation based on whatever level of scrutiny they may decide is that New York State can still make the licensing process as difficult and time consuming as possible with the only requirement that they have to issue it in the end if all the requirements are met (news flash: expect more requirements). I imagine the four references, medical records and $200 fee here in Nassau County would still apply as always. And six plus months to complete the process.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The more I look at the case being heard the in fall, the more I get the feeling it will turn out to be mostly just a disappointment. There was just a report on a case where it appears Roberts may have introduced a new level of scrutiny between Strict and Intermediate called "Exacting Scrutiny". Looks like something "perfect" for them to sidestep Strict Scrutiny on the 2nd Amendment. Then there is still fact that the case is really about May Issue vs Shall Issue. The only difference I can see coming about without a hell of a lot more litigation based on whatever level of scrutiny they may decide is that New York State can still make the licensing process as difficult and time consuming as possible with the only requirement that they have to issue it in the end if all the requirements are met (news flash: expect more requirements). I imagine the four references, medical records and $200 fee here in Nassau County would still apply as always. And six plus months to complete the process.
View Quote

One can hope, there's also hope.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s obvious that “not infringed” means no level of scrutiny.  Anyone who’s read Federalist and anti-Federalist papers will realize this.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My last act in NY was to help get Claudia elected! I'm glad to see her getting the job done!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s obvious that “not infringed” means no level of scrutiny.  Anyone who’s read Federalist and anti-Federalist papers will realize this.
View Quote

Roberts will certainly be a Wild Card, and as much as I want to embrace and believe in the easily understood Bill of Rights, the Deep State has monopolized and bastardized it to the point of substantiating anything they deem their best interests.  The NYSRPA case in October should be interesting, despite having been thwarted by making the challenges moot.

https://reason.com/2021/07/08/scotus-revisits-gun-control/

https://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/01/challenging-laws-3-levels-of-scrutiny-explained.html
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I had another thought:
With the passage of S-7196 making it permissible to sue anyone in the firearms/ammunition/magazine/accessory's Business, I wonder if they're hedging bets against the SCOTUS Case, one that would completely up-end the Handgun Licensing system  (given that NYC/NYS doesn't ignore the ruling)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top