Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2022 3:59:02 PM EDT
I'll be in Little Rock for a 4-day conference in two weeks and was hoping anyone could give me some places to check out.  Restaurants, places to visit, places to avoid, etc.  Also, how much am I going to sweat?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Avoid Little Rock in general.haha but seriously..
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Avoid Little Rock in general.haha but seriously..
View Quote

Well, I don't have a choice.  I could just stay in the hotel/conference center the whole time but I would like to find someplace good to eat one of the nights.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If staying downtown the river market area has some decent bars and restaurants. I recommend you do not cross the river and avoid North Little Rock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It's in the Double Tree by Hilton.  Looks like it's right on the river.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I always try to get to the Oyster Bar on Markham. Parking is in back and walk up the stairs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Travelers game?

Arkansas Razorback Submarine tour?

Good cheap entertainment!
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Travelers game?

Arkansas Razorback Submarine tour?

Good cheap entertainment!
View Quote

One thing we didn't think of when we got there was that everything was closed because of Juneteenth.  We ate at Big Whiskey's American Restaurant and Bar (wings were good and my Old Fashioned was delicious), Stickyz Chicken Shack (good chicken tenders) and had drinks at the Flying Saucer.

Part of the conference had a scavenger hunt type game so I got to see the USS Razorback, which was cool.  I went early in the morning to avoid the heat so I didn't get to go on a tour.

The hotel was also hosting Miss Arkansas Elementary which was interesting to say the least.  A lot of the parents were really rude and they created all sorts of issues with getting access to elevators.

I'm glad I went and had fun in Little Rock but I could have done without getting COVID from this trip.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top