Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2019 4:35:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know what is included with the monthly fee when you buy/rent a condo? I am thinking about the BH County area.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Varies widely.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing like renting your own home!

Going to depend on the condo HOA *shudders*
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any "friendly" or at least semi friendly condo HOAs around BHCounty?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
You can try Timberline Condos in Waterloo, but as for a "friendly" HOA that could be a tough one anywhere.  
Take a look at the HOA closely, meet with the board members before your buy/rent.  Usually its only the "want to be" tyrants that are on the HOA boards and if you get on the wrong side of one of them you could be in for a load of grief.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can try Timberline Condos in Waterloo, but as for a "friendly" HOA that could be a tough one anywhere.  
Take a look at the HOA closely, meet with the board members before your buy/rent.  Usually its only the "want to be" tyrants that are on the HOA boards and if you get on the wrong side of one of them you could be in for a load of grief.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
By chance do you know what their HOA fees cover as in water, utilities, trash, etc?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

By chance do you know what their HOA fees cover as in water, utilities, trash, etc?
View Quote
I do not.  I had a relative that lived there a few years back.  seemed like a decent place, but as with most condos, the renter/owner bitched a lot about the HOA.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I do not.  I had a relative that lived there a few years back.  seemed like a decent place, but as with most condos, the renter/owner bitched a lot about the HOA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any particular issues that the HOA had that was bitchworthy?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Any particular issues that the HOA had that was bitchworthy?
View Quote
I do not, I was not that closely involved with it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
my HOA fee for my condo covers insurance/ maintenance for the exterior of the building, lawn care and snow removal
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
my HOA fee for my condo covers insurance/ maintenance for the exterior of the building, lawn care and snow removal
View Quote
do you have homeowners insurance or does the HOA fee cover that?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
HOA owns the exterior of the building and structure. People in the condo own from the drywall in. You will still need homeowners insurance.  HOA covenants will lay out what the HOA owns and what they are responsible for.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
HOA owns the exterior of the building and structure. People in the condo own from the drywall in. You will still need homeowners insurance.  HOA covenants will lay out what the HOA owns and what they are responsible for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well shit. Kind of figured but still.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#13]
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

In the grand scheme of things home owners ins is a small fraction of the cost of owning a home.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top