Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2021 10:29:22 PM EDT
As a new home owner, & horrible at everything related to a house(apt dweller whole life)  I need a larger patio. The house has a 3X3 slab out side the rear door.  I measured & the area I want is 20X12.  I have a few people coming next week to give me quotes, but anyone know a ballpark cost?
The land is flat, free of tree's or stumps, etc. The soil has no issues, no low water table, sinking, things like that.
from the videos I have seen it seems very straight & easy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
what part of the state are you in and what were your quotes? I'm looking to do a 20x15 soon
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As a new home owner, & horrible at everything related to a house(apt dweller whole life)  I need a larger patio. The house has a 3X3 slab out side the rear door.  I measured & the area I want is 20X12.  I have a few people coming next week to give me quotes, but anyone know a ballpark cost?
The land is flat, free of tree's or stumps, etc. The soil has no issues, no low water table, sinking, things like that.
from the videos I have seen it seems very straight & easy.
View Quote

Concrete is insane right now. You used to be able to use about $125 per yard of concrete as a good number for a 4 inch pad, but I am seeing some places in the southeast where it's over $250 now. All the builders are eating up the demand with the housing boom.

Do yourself a favor and double check with a paver installation guy on their cost too. Resale value for pavers is actually better. In many places you can get them for $10 -$15 per SQ foot installed depending on your location and likes. The price might be identical to concrete right now and you will get a better look.

What part of the state?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m in Volusia county. My house had a 12x10 slab. I just had a 24x10 paver patio installed over it. They used 3” thick pavers where the grass was and 1” thick pavers over the slab so it’s all level. Ran right around $2,800 for materials, installation, and they had to move a few sprinklers. Took about 6 weeks for the materials to come in and they finished the install in one day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
NE FL.  I'm not sure about pavers.  I want a solid one piece where there is no grass or dirt anywhere.  I eventually want to install a screened enclosure.  I haven't gotten quotes yet. Been too busy to meet with people.  I hope to have 2 this week.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NE FL.  I'm not sure about pavers.  I want a solid one piece where there is no grass or dirt anywhere.  I eventually want to install a screened enclosure.  I haven't gotten quotes yet. Been too busy to meet with people.  I hope to have 2 this week.
View Quote

I'm in the Jax area. If you get quotes you can't deal with let me know and I can have my paver people quote you something. I know you want the solid pad but it might be cost prohibitive right now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
msg too short
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Cheapest quote was $2250 all in for 20X12. Claims 3-4 weeks out, & 1 day job.  Someone I know used this guy for his driveway & was happy.
Pulling trigger.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cheapest quote was $2250 all in for 20X12. Claims 3-4 weeks out, & 1 day job.  Someone I know used this guy for his driveway & was happy.
Pulling trigger.

View Quote

Is that $2250 for just the concrete, concrete plus pouring and smoothing, or for everything (clearing area, dig down, wire/mesh, form boards,....)
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Complete job, including permit & tax.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I've always been warned that property taxes go up with concrete and don't with pavers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Under 300sqft is ok I'm told. I'm at 240.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top