Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2021 1:49:36 PM EDT
Is it possible for an "average, normal" guy to obtain a CCL in MD? I've read all the laws - business owner, proof of threat, etc...
Is it worth the trouble at all, or not worth fighting for?
Is there any possiblity or should I just write it off completely?

Pretty ridiclous you need "proof" that you need it for self defense. I think traveling/living/working in and throughout downtown Baltimore is reason enough.... obviously the laws in MD don't agree with me though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Not without a reason from the list of approved reasons
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is it possible for an "average, normal" guy to obtain a CCL in MD? I've read all the laws - business owner, proof of threat, etc...
Is it worth the trouble at all, or not worth fighting for?
Is there any possiblity or should I just write it off completely?

Pretty ridiclous you need "proof" that you need it for self defense. I think traveling/living/working in and throughout downtown Baltimore is reason enough.... obviously the laws in MD don't agree with me though.
View Quote

Basically, not realistically.

I had a business, they wanted PROOF of receipts of ROUTINE deposits of 10K$+ in cash.
I had been getting threats. They said if the threats were valid, they'd arrest the people making them, and no permit would be issued because the threat didn't exist any more. If the threats weren't valid enough to get a warrant, then they weren't valid enough to get a CCW.

Any money you put into an application would be no different than tossing into a fire, in my opinion.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Basically, not realistically...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Basically, not realistically...
This
...Any money you put into an application would be no different than tossing into a fire, in my opinion.
This is EXACTLY how it is.

The only benefit from applying won't be to you, your time and money are up in smoke, but to future applicants who are fighting Maryland's claim that "most applications get approved, so no changes to our process are required".

The reason most DO get approved, is that no one applies unless they really think they're going to get it. Most of us will not bother, especially considering that some states ask you if you have been turned down in your home state when you apply for their non-resident permit. If you home state denies you, they won't approve you either - best to stay with being able to answer that question "no". We have all seen what a terrible waste of money and time it is to apply if you don't meet their bullshit "good and substantial" reason criteria. We keep electing RINOs and liberals who have the law exactly the way they want it, while the media keeps propagandizing "gun violence". I have had non-resident permits from other states for more than 25 years and carry in most areas except my home state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top