Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2021 3:49:20 PM EDT
This has been introduced every year for a few years but next year would be a good time to try to get it passed. Legal concealed carry on public transportation in one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought there was a clause in the SAPA bill allowing for this. I know there was a separate bill introduced as well however
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think that there is anything in SAPA regarding metro carry but I am not the best reader when it comes to bills in the legislature. Hurts my old wore out brain.

I believe that was HB52 that was passed in the House sent to the Senate and then died in committee after being voted do pass.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Metro doesn't have metal detectors.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Metro doesn't have metal detectors.....
View Quote

...but unlike other places, it's a felony if you're caught.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top