Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2021 3:36:15 PM EST
Hey guys. I did some reading but want to make sure I understand.

I am going to be traveling to Minnesota for a few days. I do not have a concealed carry permit. To be legal, I need to have one to do so in another state correct? At least it looks like in Minnesota I do. Or does our constitutional carry law cross over state lines? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:44:37 PM EST
MN doesn't have Constitutional Carry and their laws don't recognize a MO CCW if you even had one.  Unfortunately, your status as a MO resident doesn't help in MN at all.

I referenced Handgunlaw.us

I wonder why they hate Missouri residents?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:58:04 PM EST
I agree with you 100% because from what I read it looks like Missouri recognizes theirs. As much as I don’t want to I guess I will leave it at home. Would hate to have any trouble in another state.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:06:25 PM EST
You could at least take it for the drive.  Not sure on the laws on MN but you might be able old school IL fanny pack carry.....slide locked back and a mag next to the gun.

MN has always been bad.  My AZ, FL, and UT permit don't work there either.  IIRC that's why I used to have a PA permit.....just for MN.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:20:48 PM EST
I've never had any issues, in any state....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top