Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2021 6:28:24 PM EDT
I just moved to Virginia two weeks ago from Washington state. I had my Washington state carry permit. How do I get one here? I see some places offering them online and some saying you can’t do that anymore. What’s the right way to do it?  Thank you for any info.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the website for your county court and follow their instructions.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The things you will need:
filled out application
application fee
proof of competency

Here is the state police website with permit info.
If you are former military you can use your dd214 as proof of competency otherwise follow the state police link's for list of competency.

The application will be submitted to your jurisdictions circuit court clerk, I suggest you look at there website and if you have any questions they normally are more then happy to help and answer questions.

The application fee will vary jurisdiction to jurisdiction. A few years ago the requirement for fingerprints went away and a lot of jurisdictions dropped the application fee because of that. My jurisdiction went from $50(the max that can be charged) to $15. The permit is good for 5 years and must be carried with a photo ID, no one leaves home without there drivers license so that is never a problem.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
As posted above is good info.

Also join VCDL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top