Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course the beauty of it all is that they are in fact "untraceable"! Unless there is some kind of serialization and tracing on parts nationwide, all the laws in the world are not going to stop someone with a machine shop and access to raw metal from creating their own firearms. In England this is a big problem for them as little underground machine shops turn out all kinds of handguns and other weapons. This is an island country with strict gun control and no 2nd Amendment.

This will simply be a piece of feel good legislation that will only be enforceable if someone is actually caught possessing. Otherwise there will be no 4473's or ATF records to peruse.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol...

How do they stop me from buying an 80% lower and finishing it myself?

Hell I could even engrave a made up serial number into it, just to make it look legit. How are they going to know otherwise?

Lots of gun companies are ignoring state laws these days...shipping ammo, 30 round mags, 80% lowers etc. to NY...nothing NY can do except pass feel good bullshit laws. Especially with 3d printing coming along nicely.

Sorry Cumhole, you lost!
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the part where they link the parkland teacher to a bill about unfinished receivers... yet none were used in the shooting.

Only question now is when are they taking a vote and when does it get signed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top