Link Posted: 6/2/2022 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Kind of.

Maybe there already is...

What are your radio capabilities?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Is there a common plan for communications? Radio types, frequencies, etc.?

Maybe there needs to be a non public area to discuss that?
View Quote

@Redbirdxx
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

@Redbirdxx
View Quote

Thanks for the ping but my comments/questions would be much the same as USMC2671's.

I suppose I'd also ask about current level of involvement with the APC.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#4]
My motto is adoption > perfection. Perfection would be everyone is general ticket ham with loads of experience, not gonna happen.

Next option is simplex MURS, works fine around camp but doesnt get people communicating beyond that.

GMRS is a $36 lic for 10 years works great close simplex, offers 50watt base stations and mobile units and requires no test. Plus you can hit repeaters and get a little local net going with your group. GMRS has done well in our group but we are still testing.

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Get some guys/gals together with your HTs and go out and hike. See what the limitations of your gear are within your area. Try out UHF and VHF to see which works best. As far as freqs, pick some out and try it. But, spend time listening on them before choosing. You might find some that are regularly used in your area or there might be some interference that makes it unsuitable.

Start out small and cheap with your group. Unless they are actually into radios, you will find that many will not invest the time or money to get proficient with them beyond what a basic $20 set up will provide.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Greenspan:
My motto is adoption > perfection. Perfection would be everyone is general ticket ham with loads of experience, not gonna happen.

Next option is simplex MURS, works fine around camp but doesnt get people communicating beyond that.

GMRS is a $36 lic for 10 years works great close simplex, offers 50watt base stations and mobile units and requires no test. Plus you can hit repeaters and get a little local net going with your group. GMRS has done well in our group but we are still testing.

View Quote

What part of AZ? I have Motorola/EFJ/Kenwood software and keyloading equipment in case you need secure capability.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
This. What are you capabilities and use case?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top