Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2022 11:50:36 AM EDT
Coming up for a few days in November. I don't want to end up on the first 48 or Live PD.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The more south the better.

The streets that run East/West are numbered streets.

The lowest street numbers start to the North and get higher as you move South.

For example 11th Street is the fist numbered street in the north….it is hood. Everything to the north of that is dangerous. As you move South it gets better.

Try to stay south of 51st and you’ll be OK.

There are obviously exceptions to this.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
21st to 41st on Garnett= bad
61st and Peoria=very bad
From Memorial to the West and 31st to the South should be ok.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a great area ? With hotels ?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a great area ? With hotels ?
View Quote

Many years ago I remember being warned not to bother trying to find a room up anywhere around that Gun Show your planning on attending. It gets booked well in advance. I had no problems finding a decent room 20 minutes or so away, as I simply arrived leisurely the day before with plenty of time to check things out. But then again I went there alone and didn't have to worry about keeping my family safe and entertained. It was just me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a hotel in Broken Arrow across the street from Bass Pro shop,I think it is Stoney Creek hotel.
It is right off of high way 51 that will take you within a mile of the fair grounds where the show is.
There are a couple of other hotels near Bass Pro also,just google hotel near bass pro broken arrow,it's
only about 15 min. drive
@whiskerz
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a hotel in Broken Arrow across the street from Bass Pro shop,I think it is Stoney Creek hotel.
It is right off of high way 51 that will take you within a mile of the fair grounds where the show is.
There are a couple of other hotels near Bass Pro also,just google hotel near bass pro broken arrow,it's
only about 15 min. drive
@whiskerz
View Quote

Stoney Creek is nice and so are the hotels nearby. I'm up in Tulsa every year for ScotFest so I stay at the Hampton Inn in BA. The Embassy Suites in Tulsa across from Saint Francis is nice and not far from the gun show.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are coming to the gunshow and don’t mind a drive of a few extra minutes, you could check out hotels in Claremore. It’s an easy drive to just about anywhere in Tulsa.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are coming to the gunshow and don't mind a drive of a few extra minutes, you could check out hotels in Claremore. It's an easy drive to just about anywhere in Tulsa.
View Quote
As well as home of the JM Davis museum.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I am booked in Stoney Creek
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am booked in Stoney Creek
View Quote

Stony creek is in a good area.  Since there’s a few different hotels over there and a large hospital right nearby there are some good restaurants nearby.  Hop right on the BA expressway(51) and it’s only a little over a 15 minute drive to the fairgrounds where the show is held.  A few different restaurants on the other side of bass pro that you could walk to.  Los Cabos and Charleston‘s.  Right across the street is a good barbecue restaurant.  There is a cigar shop right across the street that has a full service bar as part of it as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top