Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 11:22:31 AM EDT
Well, I started the new job 4/20 and it's been work from home since.  The plan was to relocate to Georgia before I had to be in the office so we could get set up and familiar with the area.

We've completed the application process for a rental house and are now in the final stages of planning the move.

Look out Canton, I be coming for ya.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the restaurants in town are good. Next town north of you is Ball Ground, we have THE BEST butcher shop. First generation German family and they make amazing reubens and donors too. We have 3 ranges within an hour or so, Creekside north of Cartersville to the west, Pickens County Sportsman club to the north and Riverbend to the north east. Family membership to the YMCA is a great deal, their outdoor pool is a blast.

I happen to really like this little area, there are several ARFcommers close and yet we all keep dropping the ball on an GTG this side of town.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Canton - we like it here. Check out Pickens County Sportsman Club for range. It is private but usually not to long a wait list. Cherokee Gun and Pawn is a good choice for firearms, etc. We like Four41 BBQ.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lightning8:
I live in Canton - we like it here. Check out Pickens County Sportsman Club for range. It is private but usually not to long a wait list. Cherokee Gun and Pawn is a good choice for firearms, etc. We like Four41 BBQ.
View Quote

ya. if you get on the PCSC list now you’ll prob be approved for 2021
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Acworth here

Welcome to Georgia.  Love it here
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Leesburg (4 hours South of you) and part-time in Ellijay (2 counties North of you) here.

Welcome to Joe Jah!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By billth777:
Most of the restaurants in town are good. Next town north of you is Ball Ground, we have THE BEST butcher shop. First generation German family and they make amazing reubens and donors too. We have 3 ranges within an hour or so, Creekside north of Cartersville to the west, Pickens County Sportsman club to the north and Riverbend to the north east. Family membership to the YMCA is a great deal, their outdoor pool is a blast.

I happen to really like this little area, there are several ARFcommers close and yet we all keep dropping the ball on an GTG this side of town.
View Quote

THIS.  I live in Pickens county, about 20 minutes North of Canton and my brother lives in Canton.  This is a great area.

The wait list for PCSC is usually about two years.  We had to raise dues last year and lost quite a few members so the list is shorter now.  It's a really nice club and we are currently expanding the number of ranges.

Welcome to Georgia!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By billth777:
Most of the restaurants in town are good. Next town north of you is Ball Ground, we have THE BEST butcher shop. First generation German family and they make amazing reubens and donors too. We have 3 ranges within an hour or so, Creekside north of Cartersville to the west, Pickens County Sportsman club to the north and Riverbend to the north east. Family membership to the YMCA is a great deal, their outdoor pool is a blast.

I happen to really like this little area, there are several ARFcommers close and yet we all keep dropping the ball on an GTG this side of town.
View Quote

That Cajun restaurant on the same street is pretty good in Ball Ground
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome.
I have lived in Canton since 1989.
Any questions you have feel free to ask.
Pm me if you want my cell number.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#9]
They are not kidding about the butcher shop.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info.  Looking forward to the change of scenery.

Not real jazzed about living in a neighborhood, I'll have to get used to not peeing outside.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to the neighborhood. Canton/Holly Springs here
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Another Canton person checking in, live in the Harmony aka super neighborhood.  I would advise checking out Martin's Coin & Firearms when you get a chance, my favorite shop to visit.  If you see the Tan 4Runner running around with all the stuff below that's me.

2016 TRD Pro: C4 Rock Sliders | Victory 4x4 Roof Rack | Ellis Precision Shifters | Blackvue 650s 2 CH | Full Front Clearbra | 20% Tint | Beavertail | Borla S-Type | Pedal Commander | Tail as Turn | DRL LED Foglights | ArcLight Triple State Voltage Booster | Victory 4x4 Front Winch Bumper | Victory 4x4 Front Skid | TRD CAI | SCS Stealth 6 | Dobinsons Lift & UCA | Warn Zeon 10s | Northstar 31m | Factor55 Flat Link | ARCLightLED Hatch/Map/Dome Lights | Lock'er Down Console Safe | XD Door Light / License Plate Bulbs
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Another Canton person, we are on the border next to Milton. Its our second home in the area since we moved up from Florida.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, welcome to Canton, I've lived here about 11 years.

Like others have said, lost of great places to eat around here.
Canton is growing FAST!

If you need an real estate agent, drop me a PM
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By halflife78:
Another Canton person checking in, live in the Harmony aka super neighborhood.  I would advise checking out Martin's Coin & Firearms when you get a chance, my favorite shop to visit.  If you see the Tan 4Runner running around with all the stuff below that's me.

2016 TRD Pro: C4 Rock Sliders | Victory 4x4 Roof Rack | Ellis Precision Shifters | Blackvue 650s 2 CH | Full Front Clearbra | 20% Tint | Beavertail | Borla S-Type | Pedal Commander | Tail as Turn | DRL LED Foglights | ArcLight Triple State Voltage Booster | Victory 4x4 Front Winch Bumper | Victory 4x4 Front Skid | TRD CAI | SCS Stealth 6 | Dobinsons Lift & UCA | Warn Zeon 10s | Northstar 31m | Factor55 Flat Link | ARCLightLED Hatch/Map/Dome Lights | Lock'er Down Console Safe | XD Door Light / License Plate Bulbs
View Quote

Lol, my wife will be swinging a 2015 grey limited 4 runner without shit on it but NC tags for a little bit.

I THINK the house we rented is in the Diamond ridge community?  Not sure, still a whole lot to figure out.

We've got the utilities all set, uhaul set, I think we're ready for slave day loading/driving/unloading.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Welcome to Cherokee County! We moved to Canton from Woodstock 2 years ago and haven't looked back.

Maybe this is a rally call to the canton ARFCommers to hold a get together? If anyone minds I can coordinate it- I help with the Spring and Fall shoots at Angry Emu. :D
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Welcome to Cherokee County! We moved to Canton from Woodstock 2 years ago and haven't looked back.

Maybe this is a rally call to the canton ARFCommers to hold a get together? If anyone minds I can coordinate it- I help with the Spring and Fall shoots at Angry Emu. :D
View Quote

I'm in, leaving most of my armory in NC for the time being since we're renting.  Just taking some of the essentials: Uzi, ar10, fal, few ar15's, 44mag, etc...  ya know, what we'll need to fend off roving bands of neighborhood teenagers
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I may have asked a few months ago and simply forgot, but what part of NC are you moving from? I’m a fellow NC transplant, living in Bradshaw Farms. Zoned as Woodstock, but it is essentially Canton.

As far as ranges goes, Pickens Sportsman’s club is a good choice. Creekside isn’t really operating as a full time range anymore, so it’s not really a viable option. River Bend is a nice Guntry Club. It’s a very nice club and they host lots of matches, but it costs a bit more than joining at Pickens.

Big Woods Goods is a decent shop to go to and has reasonable transfer rate. There’s another store less than 1/4 mile away, Hi-Caliber. Not a preferred spot of mine due to high markups, but the selection is typically higher on ammo/reloading.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Coming from Snow Camp.  Sits between Greensboro and Raleigh.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are not kidding about the butcher shop.
View Quote

Dont want to hijack but would like to hear the name on this. Down in Roswell and wondering if I need to roadtrip

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Frankfurt Döner from what I found in google searching.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Frankfurt Döner from what I found in google searching.

View Quote

that’s it
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Staged my truck yesterday. It’s sitting in the garage of the new house.  Fuck 13 hours on the road.

Back in Nc until Saturday then we’re moving in!  Picking up the uhaul Friday then leaving early sat.  I couldn’t tow the truck as it’s a heavy bitch and I already don’t like driving 26’ uhauls.

Mixed bag of emotions on leaving NC. We all gotta take a chance at some point
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Moved down Saturday. We’re settling in and slowing getting the house in order.

Going to be a busy few weeks getting drivers licenses and registrations and whatnots all squared away. But at least the move is behind us.

Wife and her brother are out exploring today. He’s heading back home tomorrow and I’m back working today.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Butcher shop reopens tomorrow from their vacation.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Frankfort Doner?  We just smashed some reubens from there.

Fantastic sammiches.  Also have a bunch of sausages to grind on for dinner tonight.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Frankfort Doner?  We just smashed some reubens from there.

Fantastic sammiches.  Also have a bunch of sausages to grind on for dinner tonight.
View Quote

Oh shit, I thought they were closed through the 9th, I guess they meant until the 9th.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Welcome soon-to-be neighbor!

Remember to vote Republican
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Well. We’re a month in and all is well.

I still need to find a smoker since we didn’t bring mine down. I have a hankering for ribs.

Kids are domesticating into neighborhood life. They spent their years on a farm so neighborhood life is a bit different.

I missed high speed internet. It’s good to have again
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well. We’re a month in and all is well.

I still need to find a smoker since we didn’t bring mine down. I have a hankering for ribs.

Kids are domesticating into neighborhood life. They spent their years on a farm so neighborhood life is a bit different.

I missed high speed internet. It’s good to have again
View Quote

I have a weber smokey mountain and an iQue I don’t use anymore. you’re welcome to it. it does need new grates but they’re $15 or so on amazon.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Woot. Broke in the Smokey mountain with some ribs yesterday.

Went tubing in Elijay today
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top