Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2021 11:15:02 PM EDT
Looking somewhere around the Van Horn - Sierra Blanca area for some primitive style camp/hunt fun.
Is there much public hunting lands?  I would like to avoid the guides if I could. Coyote and rabbit/hare would be great.  What else is there to hunt other than what has a short season ie mule dear.  I understand that the pig problem hasn’t really reached there.  Any truth to that.  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
That is on my list, but thanks for bringing it up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You will need a hunting license and a public hunting lands permit if you plan to visit or hunt public hunting land. You may also need a hunters safety course unless you currently have one. Most states are reciprocal but check. Most of our fish cops are no joke.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, nowhere near Van Horn, but some public land in the panhandle.  Whitetail, mule deer, antelope (with permit), coyote, bobcat. Birds in season, ducks,geese, cranes, doves, pheasant.

But Van Horn is nigh on 10-12 hours from here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the valuable information, some of which I hadn’t considered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top