Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2022 11:33:23 PM EDT
I am hoping to get some feedback on Oregon carry laws.
In my research it seems open carry would be legal for a non-resident except in named restricted areas. Since I would only be open carrying out hiking and on private property it seems like
I should be good to go. As far as knives, open carry of a larger blade while also out hiking seems good to go and a pocket knife of less than 3.5 inch blade is also fine.
I would appreciate some feedback if I have interpreted this wrong. Also you are all welcome to come to Arizona and enjoy our Constitutional Carry.
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of oregon?

Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem and Independence, all of Multnomah County (portlands county) all have banned open carry (unless you have a CHL).

And welcome!
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What part of oregon?

Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem and Independence, all of Multnomah County (portlands county) all have banned open carry (unless you have a CHL).

And welcome!
View Quote

I will be north of Eugene, just outside of Junction City. I only plan to carry when out hiking/camping and not in town. Thank you for the added information. Your state is sure different than back home. Thanks, again. I do plan to enjoy your much cooler weather,
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Get out to the country and we aren’t all crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top